Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HOW DO I CHANGE MY SATELLITE FROM GERMAN

HOW DO I CHANGE MY SATELLITE FROM GERMAN

Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

plumbber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HOW DO I CHANGE MY SATELLITE FROM GERMAN

i have moved into a house with a dish on the roof and a nokia box under the tv, all i can receive is german channels, do i have to change the box
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOW DO I CHANGE MY SATELLITE FROM GERMAN

Originally Posted by plumbber
i have moved into a house with a dish on the roof and a nokia box under the tv, all i can receive is german channels, do i have to change the box
No ..just fit the english card ....
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the dish is pointing at a different satellite than the "english" one. Probably at 13, 16 or 19º east rather that the 28ºE you need for Sky / Freesat. Which particular one is hard to say, I think most gernam programmes are on 19º - anyone?
You could try to "eyeball" the moving of the disk - a little further to the right (as you look into the dish from the front) and down slightly. But it will probably involve a lot of moving around until you stumble upon the right direction. Plus you'll need someone indoors watching the TV for when a picture pops up. Be prepared for a long session.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

plumbber is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, i'll send the missus up on the roof with some spanners
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:46 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

most german satelite TV is onthe Astra 1 satellites at 19 degrees.

UK TV satellites are on Astra 2s and Eurobirds at 28.2 -28.5 degrees.

So you will have to move your dish.

Also, your Nokia box may not be a digital receiver. German TV still transmits many channels on Analogue, and thus it may be that your Nokia box is an analogue receiver, and so it will not pick up any of the DIGITAL signals from the uK TV satellites.

If it is a digital satellite receiver, then you wil also have to configure the settings so the box is looking for Astra 2 channels and frequencies.

If you are going to do this, best to get the box to look at frequency 12207 v 27.5 2/3, and when you get a signal scan that frequency - if you get Sky news you areon the correct satellite - if you do not get sky news then you are not on the correct satellite.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:33 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well watch your nuts then............................................ .............................and bolts