Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How do | get a Social security number ??

How do | get a Social security number ??

Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough
Default How do | get a Social security number ??

Hi As mentioned in my other post I have got a job, but my new boss says I need a SS number. I haven't paid any contributions before so won't have one alocated to me anywhere.....So.... how do i obtain one and from where ???
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:27 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How do | get a Social security number ??

I'm sure you mean a NIE (foreigner's number). You get that from your local foreigner's office, which is run by the police or guardia civil (depending on the locality).

That is the number I have always used for any business with the SS or Hacienda.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tele Addict
I'm sure you mean a NIE (foreigner's number). You get that from your local foreigner's office, which is run by the police or guardia civil (depending on the locality).

That is the number I have always used for any business with the SS or Hacienda.
Hi... no it has to be a Social security number so that I make contributions into the system which alows me healthcare. I already have and NIE and Residencia.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debrina
Hi... no it has to be a Social security number so that I make contributions into the system which alows me healthcare. I already have and NIE and Residencia.
I'm sure this has been covered before - I think the company can apply for the SS number for you if it's the first time you've worked here
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debrina
If you have a contract of employment with your employer and they have asked you to work in Spain, then they will be making the contributions for you.

As I understand it, they have to apply for these details from the appropriate office.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If you have a contract of employment with your employer and they have asked you to work in Spain, then they will be making the contributions for you.

As I understand it, they have to apply for these details from the appropriate office.
Great...that puts my mind at ease.....just heard back that they will