Reload this Page >

How to apply for Beckham law

How to apply for Beckham law

Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Nutella741 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to apply for Beckham law

Hi,

I found tons of info on the Beckham law, and believe that it is both beneficial to me and that I am eligible, but I can't for the life of me find information on how one actually applies.

Is there a form? Is it a free form letter? Who do I send it to? That sort of thing... Do I need an accountant to do it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to apply for Beckham law

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think you would find it easier to use a Gestor to sort this out for you unless you are confident and fluent enough to visit the tax office.

I'm sure you have researched it well but there is some good info here for those that would like to know more.

http://www.advoco.es/advice/8-person...khams-law.html
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you. I have indeed read that bit but surely someone did it with a gestor already?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:46 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Would that I earnt enough to make this worthwhile.

Last edited by missile; Feb 5th 2014 at 12:01 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:04 am
Just Joined

mspitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutella741
Hi,

I found tons of info on the Beckham law, and believe that it is both beneficial to me and that I am eligible, but I can't for the life of me find information on how one actually applies.

Is there a form? Is it a free form letter? Who do I send it to? That sort of thing... Do I need an accountant to do it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hi,

I have just joined the forum and I have read your query about the Beckham law and maybe I can give you some clues as to how to apply

You have to register for this option before the tax office with form number 149. This should be done in the term of six months since registration at the Spanish social security or if this is not required since you moved to Spain . You will have to prove that you are eligible for this special tax treatment .(labour contract or other etc.) If you are fluent with Spanish you cand do it yourself. You will have to present the form at the local tax office with the documentation. They will then after some time give you a tax certificate confirming your situation.

I do not think that it can be done on internet.

The income tax assessment has to be presented on form number 150 normally in the same period as the Spanish Income tax. ( May to June of each year for the income received in the previous year).

I do not know if this is of any help to you at this stage but I though I give it a try.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:07 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mspitz
Hi,

I have just joined the forum and I have read your query about the Beckham law and maybe I can give you some clues as to how to apply

You have to register for this option before the tax office with form number 149. This should be done in the term of six months since registration at the Spanish social security or if this is not required since you moved to Spain . You will have to prove that you are eligible for this special tax treatment .(labour contract or other etc.) If you are fluent with Spanish you cand do it yourself. You will have to present the form at the local tax office with the documentation. They will then after some time give you a tax certificate confirming your situation.

I do not think that it can be done on internet.

The income tax assessment has to be presented on form number 150 normally in the same period as the Spanish Income tax. ( May to June of each year for the income received in the previous year).

I do not know if this is of any help to you at this stage but I though I give it a try.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:36 am
Just Joined

mspitz: That is most helpful, and exactly the info I needed. Thank you very much!