Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Housing Prices in Free Fall

Housing Prices in Free Fall

Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Housing Prices in Free Fall

Resovoir,
Please do your homework. My understanding is that the authorities there are desperately trying to push through an "urbanisation" project. The same in Barx. We looked at properties in both locations....and even had a pushy agent produce a fake urbanisation plan that showed our property as being exempt, with the plan only going as far as our boundery wall! Check everything....and then recheck!
Good Luck.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Resovoir is an unknown quantity at this point

Littlelambfound
many thanks for the info. I notice they are statring building works between Barx and La drova. We were looking for an established Villa in La Drova. Perhaps offline you could share with me the pushy agent and any other info. As a matter of interest where did you plump for in the end
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Resovoir,
I'm loathe to name and shame, even off the boards....as it quickly fall into the old "he said, she said" flaming war. Just check and the double check. Oh and one other rule of thumb we have, don't use a lawyer from the same TOWN....everybody knows everybody on such a local level.
We originally looked at a place up in your neck of the woods. Commissioned a survey, and paid for a lawyer to do all the searches. Only later did I realize it had a pozo negra (its own septic tank)...making it a prime target for urbanisation, and more especialy so during these hard times when local government is desperate to raise cash. If we added this cost (which would come eventually), then it would mean adding an extra 200,000 Euro to the price (the costing being done per metre).
We decided to rent out whilst the market is still contracting. 170m2 in Gandia for just 550 Euro including the underground parking for 2 cars. The fact that the owner of our apartment wants 180,000 and yet the same place more or less next door is advertised at 95,000, tell us we still have a wait!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Resovoir
Littlelambfound
many thanks for the info. I notice they are statring building works between Barx and La drova. We were looking for an established Villa in La Drova. Perhaps offline you could share with me the pushy agent and any other info. As a matter of interest where did you plump for in the end

If you do buy in that area then contact me. I have a tried and trusted lawyer in Gandia who is known as the Rottweiler by local Brits as she never lets go of a problem.
There is also a surveyor based in Gandia who posts on here, and I can recommend a local agent who is good (and unbelievably honest!)
A septic tank is not a reason to not buy a house though, they all have them here where we are and its no problem whatsoever

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 9th 2008 at 11:10 am.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you do buy in that area then contact me. I have a tried and trusted lawyer in Gandia who is known as the Rottweiler by local Brits as she never lets go of a problem.
There is also a surveyor based in Gandia who posts on here, and I can recommend a local agent who is good (and unbelievably honest!)
A septic tank is not a reason to not buy a house though, they all have them here where we are and its no problem whatsoever
The septic tank comment I found odd too. I know of houses built in La Drova recently and legally with tanks, and I was under the impression that most of La Drova was urbanised already.(I have a relative who lives there)
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
The septic tank comment I found odd too. I know of houses built in La Drova recently and legally with tanks, and I was under the impression that most of La Drova was urbanised already.(I have a relative who lives there)
Afaik all the properties up on Tossal Gros have them. Septic doesn't mean illegal, I;d agree ... if thats what the poster meant.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

House prices are falling...here, there, and everywhere.

But the fall is not as bad as it could have been over the last 5 years when you look at what you could get for pound then, and what you can get for your euro now.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't mean to imply that septic tanks are illigal. A "pozo negro" is not really a septic tank (that's a "fosa septica"). The former is just a hole-in-the-ground which will fill up at some point (no toilet paper or foriegn matter should be flushed down) and the latter has a leaching field at the end and needs emptying once in a while. But my understanding was that local authorities are using them, pozo negros (amongst other things) as grounds for pushing through urbanisation projects.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:22 pm
Senior Moment

I haven't been up to La Drova and Barx for ages ...... I get my logs from a little place just outside Gandia on that road .... I must pop up there next time I go
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:02 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been up to La Drova and Barx for ages ...... I get my logs from a little place just outside Gandia on that road .... I must pop up there next time I go
do you get to the grau de gandia mutch.or have you been to the monestry in puij
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:36 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by betris
do you get to the grau de gandia mutch.or have you been to the monestry in puij
I go to the grau from time to time, but not been to the Monastry
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:38 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

I go to the grau from time to time, but not been to the Monastry
the monestry is ok the king(not elvis) of spain goes there now and again.ive seen him go
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Resovoir is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the info. I have been researching and thought I knew most of the tricks and requirements for buying/renting but the pozo negro was a totally new one on me. Thought there was only the option of mains sewer or septic tank for any building irrespective of where.

A moment of embarrassment is better than a lifetime of ignorance
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Resovoir
Many thanks for the info. I have been researching and thought I knew most of the tricks and requirements for buying/renting but the pozo negro was a totally new one on me. Thought there was only the option of mains sewer or septic tank for any building irrespective of where.

A moment of embarrassment is better than a lifetime of ignorance
Can I ask why you believe this to be an issue?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Can I ask why you believe this to be an issue?
cos littlelambfound said it was

I won't put a link - not if it only works on my pc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.