House prices

Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default House prices

I watch BBC from Geordieland and for a couple of days they have been featuring a 3 bed house for auction with a reserve of £750.
Obviously the media coverage has pushed the price up and it sold for £14.000

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...able-1000.html

If you go onto Google Streetview and take a look, would you buy it????

Number 12, Limetrees Close in Port Clarence.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:58 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House prices

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I watch BBC from Geordieland and for a couple of days they have been featuring a 3 bed house for auction with a reserve of £750.
Obviously the media coverage has pushed the price up and it sold for £14.000

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...able-1000.html

If you go onto Google Streetview and take a look, would you buy it????

Number 12, Limetrees Close in Port Clarence.
If it's TeesSide it's not Geordie land though? I believe they are called Smoggies?

I fear that the Middlesbrough area is probably one of the worst hit places in northern England after they shut down the Steel plant (although having said that there are plans to try and re-open the place).

Would I buy a place there? There are plenty of nice areas in the north-east, or so I'm told, but this site looks ripe for criminals and arsonists ie very dangerous to live. There has been a discussion on this on HPC forum.
If I really wanted to buy there, I'd try to buy the whole close or street, and then put in some resilient Polish workers or even local bouncers as tenants. But the rent would have to be very low to start! So for that reason, I'm out...

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Oct 31st 2012 at 12:01 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
If it's TeesSide it's not Geordie land though? I believe they are called Smoggies?
Unfortunately due to BBC cuts they have expanded the NE from what used to be Northumberland and Durham to now cover Teeside and Cumbria plus North Yorkshie.
But the wife is still a Geordie
Old Oct 31st 2012, 12:08 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

I fear that the Middlesbrough area is probably one of the worst hit places in northern England after they shut down the Steel plant (although having said that there are plans to try and re-open the place).

Would I buy a place there? There are plenty of nice areas in the north-east, or so I'm told, but this site looks ripe for criminals and arsonists ie very dangerous to live. There has been a discussion on this on HPC forum.
If I really wanted to buy there, I'd try to buy the whole close or street, and then put in some resilient Polish workers or even local bouncers as tenants. But the rent would have to be very low to start! So for that reason, I'm out...
My Brother and myself own up there. We contract them out to local authority, no voids, no damage costs and a decent rental return..they all seem to be people on HB. So, yes, without even looking at the link I would buy it and before anyone gets sarky, we inherited them and it was more lucrative to keep them.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:42 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

House prices rose faster than expected in October, data from mortgage lender Nationwide showed on Thursday, though a sustained recovery of the housing market still looks far from certain.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/1...8A00AB20121101

`