Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House insurance

House insurance

Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

hallega is an unknown quantity at this point
Question House insurance

Hi everyone, just about to sign up for our house near Nerja and had a quote from the solicitors for house insurance, can anyone advise me if this is a good price or should I look elsewhere?

Buildings 350,000e contents 20,000 e = 507 e

Is this a good price?

Also should we buy life insurance to cover IHT, my husbands is 209 e a year because of his age, this would be 12.000 e on death (terrible thought)!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House insurance

You could try these for a quote.

http://www.lineadirecta.com/ZZRecurs...-insurance.htm
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

My goodness that was a quick reply, many thanks.

Been on to them and the quote was half of the solicitors quote, with a higher contents insurance of 37,500 e but a lower re build cost of 252.000 which I feel is perfectly adequate, just because I'm paying 350,000 to buy it doesn't mean that's what it would cost to rebuild!

Bank person was a little wary of direct line, but hey every insurance company in the world is dodgy when it comes to claiming, lets hope i never have to!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

hallega....................

For info......... I have my car insured with Linea Directa. It was stolen at the beginning of last month, found the next day badly damaged and a write off. 11 days, yes 11 days later I had the agreed insurance settlement in my bank, brilliant service.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: House insurance

Well that's made me feel better, you always wonder if you've made the right decision, many thanks for that.