Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horses/Dogs/Cats.HELP

Horses/Dogs/Cats.HELP

Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

mick2odo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horses/Dogs/Cats.HELP

I have just become a member with a view to get as much advice and help as i can from members on here,we have been told to read,use the net,talk to people,etc before we make the move to Spain so this is part of that step.

My wife 2 kids and 2 horses,3 dogs,3 cats,and me,notice how far down the order of things i come??? plan to move to CDS shortly,we know the Torremolinos/benalmadena,area well and love La cariellua.

This area is where we want to be so would appreciate if anybody knows of stables in that area,transporters that come to that area,and other horsey people,it would be appreciated.

Anyother advice help would be gratefully received.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default Re: Horses/Dogs/Cats.HELP

Hi Mick2odo
sorry I can't be of any help with advice for you re-the horses, but just wanted to say hello and welcome! We too are moving this year with dog, cats, child and belongings...!
Hope you manage to get the info you are looking for.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick2odo View Post
I have just become a member with a view to get as much advice and help as i can from members on here,we have been told to read,use the net,talk to people,etc before we make the move to Spain so this is part of that step.

My wife 2 kids and 2 horses,3 dogs,3 cats,and me,notice how far down the order of things i come??? plan to move to CDS shortly,we know the Torremolinos/benalmadena,area well and love La cariellua.

This area is where we want to be so would appreciate if anybody knows of stables in that area,transporters that come to that area,and other horsey people,it would be appreciated.

Anyother advice help would be gratefully received.
Do a forum search with the relevant keywords. We have certainly had threads on almost everythging you mention, but they may not be for your area. If you don't get the info that way, then just start a new thread. We are all (well almost all) nice friendly people on here, but there is also quite a lot of banter that may appera to be bickering, between some posters. Just ignore that till you find out more about the forum.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Hiya, I am too moving to Spain later in the year. You sound just like my husband. He reckons he comes behind, horses, kids, dogs, cats etc. As I say, he should worry, I even come behind him. I am going to be looking for a livery yard for my dressage horse, put what you want into google, hey have come up with a few. It really depends on what your wife wants for the horse. If shes lke me, she will want turnout which from what I can makeout is rare on the cds. If I find anything reallynice I will let you know, am back out next thursday for 48 hours. There is one yard I know in Mijas, its also a rescue centre, that might it if you are goiing to be near Benalmadena. Perhaps your wife could pm me and we could have a chat, help each other, it seems a bit of a mindfield!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Oh re: Transporters, Parkers are excellent. Find them in horse and hound
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks trentino,my wife will PM you to share views,she is into dressage as well so you should have some common ground,parkers we have heard good things and bad ,had a quote today for 2 horses 6k,nearly choked on my cornflakes.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

ive got an idea for Husbands who feel neglected by wifes with horses,we should start a lonely hearts club.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Nah,go out and play golf and leave us to our ponies
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Just to say I suggested Parkers as a lot of riders who were on the Sunshine tour last year used them and were very happy. Its probably who I will use as and when we move, having a bit of a prob with schools at the mo as youngest is currently in year 10 and aloha will only take A* pupils, oh I wish!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

we are not looking at schools yet,will be going out again shortly and that is on the agenda,i need to sort the horse problem as that seems the hardest thing to solve at the moment.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

singlemumrelocating will become famous soon enough

we are not looking at schools yet,will be going out again shortly and that is on the agenda,i need to sort the horse problem as that seems the hardest thing to solve at the moment.

i'm not in spain just having a nose around other boards. i live france and moved my 2 horses from England nearly 5 years ago. i used blue rose (i'm sure they are called that), a lady called enid. they were truley amazing, not just with my horses but also other brits moving theres to france.

i am umming and arghing with spain as i'm not settled in france and wouldn't dream of usuing anyone else. i paid £1600 that was for up to 3 horses i think (may have been 4). i wanted the option of space and that was the lorry just for my welshies.

i have heard od parker as well, was recomended them if i couldn't use blue rose. they would always be my second choice.

if you want any advise moving horses i can help a little and am more than happy to

i was a dressage rider funnily enough as well

susi
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Susi, its funny that you should say you are not really settled. I know of a fellow rider who moved to France 3 years ago, she came back last year as was not happy. Am I right in thinking they have a system where you cannot compete or judge in dressage in France unless you are a native!!! As far as I am aware its not like that in Spain as I hope to compete and maybe even do a little judging to keep my hand in. Whereabouts in France are you?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:19 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

ive got an idea for Husbands who feel neglected by wifes with horses,we should start a lonely hearts club.
But will it stop the nagging? (sorry - couldnt resist!)
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi Rixxy, nice tohear from you. W are out tonight to look at San Ped school tomorrow for our son. Nothing will keep these men moaning about horses, they dont like it because they have to come second
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:17 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

You might want to rephrase that last bit Trentino!!
Which school is it? The old Kings college one of a spanish one?

My office is in front of Kings and my daughter goes to one of the spanish ones - you will love the area!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.