Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horrible horrible news

Horrible horrible news

Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horrible horrible news

Originally Posted by cricketman
Spanish students are likely to get harrased by xenophobic Britons in the South of England. Like my wife was 15 years ago
What happened to your wife in your country?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
You can't win if you comment on this story. If you say it's nothing more than a couple of poofs falling out, you're homophobic; if you say it happens to foreign students attacked by nasty Brits, you're xenophobic.

I think the nationality of both the victim and attacker is irrelevant.
IMO Rosemary's post, the second in this thread, was the only appropriate response out of all of them and anything more was uncalled for and extremely distasteful.

I also feel very sorry for the young man (who was from Coin near Malaga) and his family and friends.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:54 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
IMO Rosemary's post, the second in this thread, was the only appropriate response out of all of them and anything more was uncalled for and extremely distasteful.

I also feel very sorry for the young man (who was from Coin near Malaga) and his family and friends.
If only appropriate responses were posted we would have a forum of one, and what one person cosiders appropriate, others might not.

I think HGB made a very relevant post.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever, the poor soul had been to the UK before and this was his second time so he must have liked the place!

If it didn't need comment why put it on! It's not distasteful to discuss what may or may not have happened. If we opened up a thread for condolences everytime an unknown was murdered then the forum would very full. There are a few in the spanish news every week and more in the UK.

As Dick says a dog with a bone looking for things that aren't there
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:03 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
If only appropriate responses were posted we would have a forum of one, and what one person cosiders appropriate, others might not.

I think HGB made a very relevant post.
Yes, it's the fake bleeding hearts syndrome
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:13 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes, it's the fake bleeding hearts syndrome
Not wising to make less of this case, but to me it is a case of murder/manslaughter, a continuation of a domestic, and not denying a tradgedy, but it is more or less an everyday occurance.

Couples falling out, domestic violence, happens everywhere, the fact that one is Spanish merits in some posters eyes. being metioned on BE, a very fragile link to an expat site in my opinion.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:40 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe because I've been through a recent bereavement, this case seemed very sad to me, and relevant to the board as the victim was Spanish. I'm sure that if the same happened to a young Brit in Madrid or Marbella, it would appear on these boards too.
We don't know the motive as yet - I've yet to see any news article that states the killer was a room-mate, if anything they are pushing the story that several Spanish shared accommodation (normal for overseas workers doing low-paid work). I've seen that the killer is a 29 year old local man, but whether this was an attack by a nutter, or someone with a griveance, is something we don't know yet. The poor victim had recently had to return to Spain after a road accident, before going back to the UK.
I suppose at any one time there are evil people out there, and it's to be hoped their numbers don't increase. HBG has made the point in the past that as economic circumstances worsen, sometimes the incomer will be seen as a scapegoat and (perhaps) physically attacked. He was talking about the Spanish situation, but it's possible it could happen elsewhere.
Keep safe out there folks.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Interesting then that the original poster should pounce on this particular one like a dog after a bone,.......but there again on second thoughts no great surprise.
As you say, no great surprise.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
As you say, no great surprise.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:54 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

here we go. The chap who's so happy in his Welsh paradise yet he has to pop on here all the time to criticise others.
The guy who keeps claiming he's ignoring me, yet mysteriously keeps responding to my posts and threads, leaving cryptic messages....
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
here we go. The chap who's so happy in his Welsh paradise yet he has to pop on here all the time to criticise others.
The guy who keeps claiming he's ignoring me, yet mysteriously keeps responding to my posts and threads, leaving cryptic messages....
Who is the Taffy?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:03 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Who is the Taffy?
So far as I know he's English but lives in Wales. careful now - we all know you know who he is!

He is amusing at times, which is why I've not put him on ignore. Only last week he was crowing how Spanish care costs were more expensive than UK costs - except he'd compared the monthly Spanish costs against the weekly UK one, in his never-ending mission to prove "Spain bad UK perfect".
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
So far as I know he's English but lives in Wales. careful now - we all know you know who he is!

He is amusing at times, which is why I've not put him on ignore. Only last week he was crowing how Spanish care costs were more expensive than UK costs - except he'd compared the monthly Spanish costs against the weekly UK one, in his never-ending mission to prove "Spain bad UK perfect".
Jeez you have a good memory.........
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:08 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Jeez you have a good memory.........
I find that things that make you laugh tend to stay in the memory longer. Funnily enough I tend to forget my own bloopers (until someone reminds me); I don't think I'm alone in that, but I'm as bad as anyone in that respect.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

It's not distasteful to discuss what may or may not have happened.
The trouble with endless speculation in the media and on the net when something tragic like this happens is that it can result in an innocent person being "convicted" in the eyes of the public before the case has been properly investigated and dealt with by the justice system.

For instance, the case of Joanna Yates who was murdered in Bristol, last year I think? Everyone was jumping on the bandwagon and throwing suspicion on her landlord, mainly as far as I could see because he looked rather eccentric. The man's reputation was destroyed, and it turned out that someone entirely different was responsible.

Talking about what may or may not have happened, or who may or may not have been responsible, is just gossip and might even prejudice any legal proceedings which need to be brought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.