Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hoping to move to Spain

Hoping to move to Spain

Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

alexa2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hoping to move to Spain

Hi, I am new to this site and I have already posted other messages in other topics. I would like to move to Spain, around Barcelona if possible but anywhere else can be considered. I am a teacher (English and French) and my boyfriend is electrician. Both living in the UK at the moment, we wanted to know if there are any places recruiting British people. Unfortunately, our level of Spanish language is minimal at the moment. I know it is a lot to ask when the economy is not great but if we don't ask, we don't know. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hoping to move to Spain

Originally Posted by alexa2012
Hi, I am new to this site and I have already posted other messages in other topics. I would like to move to Spain, around Barcelona if possible but anywhere else can be considered. I am a teacher (English and French) and my boyfriend is electrician. Both living in the UK at the moment, we wanted to know if there are any places recruiting British people. Unfortunately, our level of Spanish language is minimal at the moment. I know it is a lot to ask when the economy is not great but if we don't ask, we don't know. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Good luck..you could try the International Schools in Spain through either The Times Ed or try and find any on the internet. Thats your best bet as there will be no work for a self employed electrician.
Best thing to do is find out for yourself...come to Spain and see what its like.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to move to Spain

Your boyfriend would need all his qualifications ratified in Spain which I understand is a drawn out process at best and with thousands of qualified Spanish electricians out of work chances are he won't find employment.

Your best bet as a teacher would at a guess be going down the TEFL route and trying to find work that way.

If you and he have recognised UK qualifications your best bet if you want the 'sun' (read your other posts) would be a move to Australia or New Zealand where your qualifications will be recognised more readily and you'll have no day to day language issues.

Last edited by bob_bob; Jan 13th 2013 at 3:28 am.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

choirfran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alexa2012
Hello i am also new to this site can you tell me how to post i dont have a clue thanks
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by choirfran
Hello i am also new to this site can you tell me how to post i dont have a clue thanks
Unemployment is officially running at 25% in Spain and 36% on the Costas. Unofficially, the rate is much higher. You have little hope of a job even if you speak fluent Spanish. If you dont speak fluent Spanish and hope to work in Spain you are on to the greatest loser even before you start.

Unless you are retiring or going on holidays Spain is out of the question and will drain every penny of your savings.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

you're doing just fine
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:52 pm
Proud Swansea Jack

swanseajack is an unknown quantity at this point

chiorfran,

At the head of the forum (where you can see all the threads) you will see "new thread" on the left,click on that and write within the window that you see.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:02 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

how did you post this ? ?