Hondon Valley

Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Danielspaniel1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hondon Valley

My parents are moving to Spain sometime in the next year. They are keen on the Hondon valley, but I have advised them somewhere not as far inland would be better due to the milder winter weather. If anyone with knowledge of the weather in that area could please advise me what the weather can be like there. I know on a nice sunny day theres not much difference to the coastal weather but other times I fear it may become colder/windy/wet.
Any advice gratefully received
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:15 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hondon Valley

I know Hondon Valley well. Prices there for purchase / rental are much lower than a similar property on the coast. It is only circa 20 Km inland and I don't notice much difference in weather between there and say 2Km from the coast. It very rarely rains in Costa Blanca South, but when it does, it can be heavy.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danielspaniel1234
My parents are moving to Spain sometime in the next year. They are keen on the Hondon valley, but I have advised them somewhere not as far inland would be better due to the milder winter weather. If anyone with knowledge of the weather in that area could please advise me what the weather can be like there. I know on a nice sunny day theres not much difference to the coastal weather but other times I fear it may become colder/windy/wet.
Any advice gratefully received
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Great information thanks. Can you recommend any other areas slightly nearer the coast where the prices are reasonable?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:10 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a place in Yorkshire
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:14 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

There are many country homes, urbanisations, towns and villages between the Hondons and the coast. What are your parents looking for and what is their budget?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

3-4 bedrooms on the edge of a village with over 2000 sq meters of land. Have seen a lot of properties but obviously closer to the coast is more expensive. Their budget is only €150,000 as they are selling their house in france and want something cheaper to free up some cash.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:10 am
Started off with nothing

There are so many nice areas to choose from. I would suggest they need to think carefully and try to define their preference. Why 2000+ sq metres? That could become a burden. What are their interests? What attracted them to Hondon Valley? Maybe hill walking?

http://www.hondonvillas.net/property...donVillaHondon de los Frailes

http://www.hondonvillas.net/property...donVillaHondon de los Frailes

I would suggest before buying, they consider renting a property and exploring the area. They could do worse than Hondon de Las Nievas
Old Feb 7th 2014, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Yes they like Hondon de las Nieves. My mum loves animals and has 3 dogs but i'm sure she will rescue plenty more there. She wants a large garden for them and also would like the garden to not be overlooked. Their house in France has 2 acres so they are used to looking after a large garden. My Dad likes sea fishing so closer to the coast would be easier for that. All the estate agents say Hondon is 25-30 minutes from the coast but i would think its more 45 minutes plus.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

To check on the historical temperatures go here:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/es/hon...recast/1460576

If you use the "extended" tab, about halfway down that page you'll find a small link to historical weather data (under the dials) - very useful information.

We couldn't decide between two houses in two different areas when we were trying to make our buying decision (what I mean by couldn't decide is that I wanted one house in one area and he wanted the other house in the other area). What made the decision for us was keeping a running record of the temperature for a couple of months. The area with the house I wanted to live in was consistently between 5 and 15 degrees cooler than the area with the house he wanted to live in - decision made
Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danielspaniel1234
Yes they like Hondon de las Nieves. My mum loves animals and has 3 dogs but i'm sure she will rescue plenty more there.
Yes, thats what the area needs, dogs, lots more dogs. The barking only lasts 26 hours a day, so the more the merrier.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Yes ill check that website out thanks.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Hondon Nieves- little Essex

To be honest its a lovely town but properties can be very expensive along all of the valley, I'd be surprised if you can find one within your budget and with the land you are asking for-even in these times of fiscal hardship.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks they have been to view several in their budget I am most interested in the weather during the winter in that area.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 6:48 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The Hondon Valley is absolutely ideal for expats looking for a tiny bit of 'real' Spain without losing touch with your fellow expats, and within around 45 minutes of the coast if you crave the calming sea and the smell of coconut oil in the summer.

We know it quite well, although we live on the coast. What we have found, sadly, with good friends quite recently, is that you won't always be able to look after 2,000 metres of mountain garden and boisterous dogs as you get older, and if one partner dies it can be a total disaster for the remaining spouse.

Because of the relative isolation when living in a mountain setting with limited public transport. But should you ever consider such extreme situations when you choose a place to live?

I don't know the answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.