Home care

Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home care

Hi Guys

A friend of mine has cancer and is finding it more and more difficult at home, her husband is threatening to put her back into hospital if things do not improve, my request for help is, having searched the net for home care nurse's to give her respite for a couple of days a week I cannot find anything except in the Costa del sol area's etc.

Is there anyone out there that knows of any organisation in my area ie Motril to Adra

Fingers crossed and will keep searching
Thanks for any help you might be able to give however small.
pwwm
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home care

Originally Posted by pwwm
Thanks for any help you might be able to give however small.
pwwm
Hi pwwm,
Does your friend require nursing care, or daily help from someone not trained as a nurse?
I would look into the following possibilites:
1. "The Lady" magazine (perhaps a long shot).
2. Asking a parish priest for advice. (For example, the Franciscans have different "orders", I believe, wherein the "tertiary" order are people who work within the community.)
3. Ayuntamiento in Motril or Salobrena for advice. I had heard that there was to be a college for nursing studies in Salobrena? (Might provide a link to home help.) I could be mistaken, however.
Sorry it is so vague. I wish you all the best in your search.
Carol
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol

Thanks for the help, she is not too sure what kind of help she wants herself, we took them out today and she is quite weak, even getting into the car (Discovery was too high for her) but hubby is not coping too well early mornings etc. I will look into what you have sent me and let her know if and when I can find out anything.
Strange thing is they have been in Spain for 15 years and now just seem to be so lost.

Will try our Ayuntamiento tomorrow, you never know, then Motril.
Thanks again
pwwm
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pwwm,
Sorry to hear of the difficulties. Hopefully, there will be a solution for your friends. You mentioned a hospital - would that be the one in Motril? Could the hospital offer any advice (asking the Director of Nursing - not sure of the equivalent in spanish)?
Carol
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:08 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Maybe Age Concern Spain could offer some advice, there are some contact numbers on their website
http://www.acespana.org/acespana/index.htm

I do hope you can find them some support at this very difficult time.

Yvonne
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you all for your help and concern.
Regards pwwm