holidays...!!

Old May 27th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default holidays...!!

hi guys,

just looking at changing my honeymoon as the one mr FB booked was nearing something aroud £1b and i feel guilty.... its maldives by the way- looks amazing but not sure if i can justify spending that amount!

i was wondering... what is the best place you've been on hols and what made it so special?

Old May 27th 2008, 4:09 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: holidays...!!

Originally Posted by featherbum
hi guys,

just looking at changing my honeymoon as the one mr FB booked was nearing something aroud £1b and i feel guilty.... its maldives by the way- looks amazing but not sure if i can justify spending that amount!

i was wondering... what is the best place you've been on hols and what made it so special?

Featherbum, my daughter has been to the Maldives 3 times and she says it is the most fantastic place to be. Go for it my luv this may be your only chance to see this beautiful place, the way the world climate is going the islands will not be there in 20 years time. My daughter told me when she gets married that is where she will do it, just her, OH and anyone else that wants to go.

After all this is your honeymoon a once in a lifetime chance
Old May 27th 2008, 4:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
I did Las Vegas / Los Angeles / San Diego some years ago and I really enjoyed that. Vegas was mind blowing, Los Angeles was Disney etc and real good fun, and San Diego was nice and peaceful, and the Zoo was brilliant .... also popped over the border to Mexico, but I wouldn't recommend that
Old May 27th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

OH and I have been to the Maldives - Meeru Island - was absolutely fantastic. Wondered whether we would be bored for 14 days (we were not on our honeymoon) but were certainly not! If you can afford it go for it - a once in a lifetime experience.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,

Well for our honeymoon last year we spent a few days in Arcos de la Frontera after the wedding on Gib but we are off to one of my favourite places in a couple of weeks time, El Caribe. Island chill out, aka liming. Great weather (normally), fairly affordable, direct flight from Gatwick, clear seas and great variety of things to see and do on an island only 25 miles by 8. For example, the oldest natural rain forest in the northern hemisphere.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
OH and I have been to the Maldives - Meeru Island - was absolutely fantastic. Wondered whether we would be bored for 14 days (we were not on our honeymoon) but were certainly not! If you can afford it go for it - a once in a lifetime experience.
oh my God thats the one we booked(meeru)!!! is it as amazing as everyone says then?
and... is it true there are some ratty kind of things going past the bar/restaurant, and some huge bettle kind of things?

oh and we were gonna do the vegas/california thing but we were told cause vegas is in the desert it would be around 50degrees and also mr FB is being lazy and doesnt wanna do all that driving in our honeymoon (fair enough) but thats deff the next hol, i have some kind of american obsession and cant wait to do that trip!!

as for caribbean i LOVE it, but wehave been there 3 yrs running, and i wonder if it would be as special (it surely is cheaper!!!!).
Old May 27th 2008, 6:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

oh and we were gonna do the vegas/california thing but we were told cause vegas is in the desert it would be around 50degrees and also mr FB is being lazy and doesnt wanna do all that driving in our honeymoon (fair enough) but thats deff the next hol, i have some kind of american obsession and cant wait to do that trip!!
Its true its hot, but you'll be indoors or by the pool during the day, and on the strip at night

Between LA and Las Vegas there is a western ghost town where we stopped, and every so often theres a gun fight going on.
We were there in August ... yes it was hot but iit was worth ot for the crack
Old May 27th 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its true its hot, but you'll be indoors or by the pool during the day, and on the strip at night

Between LA and Las Vegas there is a western ghost town where we stopped, and every so often theres a gun fight going on.
We were there in August ... yes it was hot but iit was worth ot for the crack
hmmmmmm how hot are we talking about...?
and, did you do all your own driving? thats how we'd like to do it as we are not keen on organised trips. if so, was it really tiring?

we were thinking of flying into san francisco and make our way down california with a slight detour via vegas.
Old May 27th 2008, 7:02 pm
Senior Moment

hmmmmmm how hot are we talking about...?
and, did you do all your own driving? thats how we'd like to do it as we are not keen on organised trips. if so, was it really tiring?

we were thinking of flying into san francisco and make our way down california with a slight detour via vegas.
We didnt add in SF as that would have been too much driving. Yes, we flew into LA, then drove down to San Diego for 5 days, drove to Vegas, and it was a nice drive with the stop in the middle, straight roads, time flys, stayed there for 4 days, and then the rest in LA. Thoroughly enjoyable trip, fly drive with Virgin
Old May 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We didnt add in SF as that would have been too much driving. Yes, we flew into LA, then drove down to San Diego for 5 days, drove to Vegas, and it was a nice drive with the stop in the middle, straight roads, time flys, stayed there for 4 days, and then the rest in LA. Thoroughly enjoyable trip, fly drive with Virgin
Oh, sorry, the temp ... well I cant remember exactly, but we were fine by the pool during the day. Obviously everything is aircon indoors. We used to eat and then go out on the town about 11. It was still pretty hot, but just to see the sights, in and out of the hotels, the heat didn't spoil the trip at all
Old May 27th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see any nasties unless you count very very large fruit bats, saw loads of herons and some fantastic sealife. You don't mind swimming with sharks I take it (no, ok they are only about a foot long and they don't come near you)???!! Loads of rays as well - had never snorkled before but loved it - try and take an underwater camera with you. I think if I remember we went in 2004 - if you can afford a scheduled flight with Qatar Airways take it.

The Indian restaurant was out of this world and my OH would go back just for their food. I am still wearing the three kaftans that I had made by the local tailor (which cost about £12).

I hope you have seen their website and also the www.meeru.co.uk site for people's opinions.

Anything else you want to know pm and I will try and answer. I AM SO JEALOUS
Old May 27th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Go for it - its a once in a lifetime chance.
For another time, do see mexico - we loved it and are going back hopefully soon, its just such a big country.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digdug
Go for it - its a once in a lifetime chance.
For another time, do see mexico - we loved it and are going back hopefully soon, its just such a big country.
i know i just feel so guilty!!

we went to mexico last year, thats where we got engaged! and we absolutely loved it, we stayed nr playa del carmen, and like you, will deff go back one day!
Old May 27th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SueG
Didn't see any nasties unless you count very very large fruit bats, saw loads of herons and some fantastic sealife. You don't mind swimming with sharks I take it (no, ok they are only about a foot long and they don't come near you)???!! Loads of rays as well - had never snorkled before but loved it - try and take an underwater camera with you. I think if I remember we went in 2004 - if you can afford a scheduled flight with Qatar Airways take it.

The Indian restaurant was out of this world and my OH would go back just for their food. I am still wearing the three kaftans that I had made by the local tailor (which cost about £12).

I hope you have seen their website and also the www.meeru.co.uk site for people's opinions.

Anything else you want to know pm and I will try and answer. I AM SO JEALOUS

sounds so good and different from all the places we've been to, and we looove the beach!!
the flights are with first choice, they are excellent imho. xx
Old May 27th 2008, 9:49 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

i know i just feel so guilty!!

we went to mexico last year, thats where we got engaged! and we absolutely loved it, we stayed nr playa del carmen, and like you, will deff go back one day!
Have you been to Malaysia?

If not I highly reccommend it......its heaven on earth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.