Hola

Old Sep 6th 2019, 3:57 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Winston2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hola

Hello we are Mark and Ellen We are looking to move to the alcudia area within the next 6 months we have already seen a few properties we like, we are looking to purchase as a cash buyer.
We have done a lot of google searching so have an idea of the properties within our budget worse case scenario we will sell our home in the uk and come to spain in our camper van is it better to obtain storage in the uk or spain.
If we moved our stuff to spain we could slowly but surely move everything in the van and Trailer what is the best way to do it.
Also when do you apply for you NIE number as if I understand it correctly you can't buy until you have it, is it best to buy a place after viewing of course or come over in the camper and take it from there, we have a dog and two cats the dog is pass ported but the cats need doing.
Any help or advise is greatly appreciated thanks Mark & Ellen.
Winston2012 is offline  
Old Sep 6th 2019, 5:18 pm
  #2  
Retired and loving it!
 
snikpoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontinyent - Valencia region (campo)
Posts: 4,975
snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Winston2012 View Post
Hello we are Mark and Ellen We are looking to move to the alcudia area within the next 6 months we have already seen a few properties we like, we are looking to purchase as a cash buyer.
We have done a lot of google searching so have an idea of the properties within our budget worse case scenario we will sell our home in the uk and come to spain in our camper van is it better to obtain storage in the uk or spain.
If we moved our stuff to spain we could slowly but surely move everything in the van and Trailer what is the best way to do it.
Also when do you apply for you NIE number as if I understand it correctly you can't buy until you have it, is it best to buy a place after viewing of course or come over in the camper and take it from there, we have a dog and two cats the dog is pass ported but the cats need doing.
Any help or advise is greatly appreciated thanks Mark & Ellen.
IMO - get your NIE in the UK at one of the consulates.

Defo. come over in your camper and stay in that for a while to make sure which area is best for you.

If you can, register as resident BEFORE Brexit - it will be much harder afterwards (if it happens)
snikpoh is offline  
Old Sep 6th 2019, 6:54 pm
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Location: Croatia.
Posts: 36
Magmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Hola

Hello and welcome.
Magmax is offline  
Old Sep 6th 2019, 8:06 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
bob_bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: South Wales and abroad
Posts: 769
bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

Don't buy for at least a year, prices won't go up much in a year and you need to find out if your really happy out there, rent an apartment, tour around. The last thing you need is a house you can't sell should you feel the need to move back to the UK.
bob_bob is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2019, 3:52 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Herts
Posts: 141
Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Winston2012 View Post
Hello we are Mark and Ellen We are looking to move to the alcudia area within the next 6 months we have already seen a few properties we like, we are looking to purchase as a cash buyer.
We have done a lot of google searching so have an idea of the properties within our budget worse case scenario we will sell our home in the uk and come to spain in our camper van is it better to obtain storage in the uk or spain.
If we moved our stuff to spain we could slowly but surely move everything in the van and Trailer what is the best way to do it.
Also when do you apply for you NIE number as if I understand it correctly you can't buy until you have it, is it best to buy a place after viewing of course or come over in the camper and take it from there, we have a dog and two cats the dog is pass ported but the cats need doing.
Any help or advise is greatly appreciated thanks Mark & Ellen.
BELLS RINGING!!!!
Is there a problem selling your house in the UK in same year as buying in Spain, as if you have made profit on your UK property the Spanish class that as Income and will incur tax. Or have missed something?
Hope some one can give the heads up....
Keith.
Keithtoon is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2019, 5:21 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Loafing Along's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,202
Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

if you are planning to settle there is a whole raft of information spread over this forum but some basics :

1. For residence you will need to show enough income "Not to be a burden on the state" - depends very much on local intepretation but think minimum salary plus plus.
2. After 90 days you need to register as a resident, after 183 days you are a tax resident. In theory you cannot register residency at a camp site - this has come up in other threads.
3. You must have private health care to cover your first year then , in some regions, you can "buy-in" to the Spanish health services.
4. Definitely go with the concept of do not commit to a property until you have got to know the region, once here your opinion may well change on the pluses and minuses of where you are thinking of settling.
Loafing Along is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:57 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Winston2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Loafing Along View Post
if you are planning to settle there is a whole raft of information spread over this forum but some basics :

1. For residence you will need to show enough income "Not to be a burden on the state" - depends very much on local intepretation but think minimum salary plus plus.
2. After 90 days you need to register as a resident, after 183 days you are a tax resident. In theory you cannot register residency at a camp site - this has come up in other threads.
3. You must have private health care to cover your first year then , in some regions, you can "buy-in" to the Spanish health services.
4. Definitely go with the concept of do not commit to a property until you have got to know the region, once here your opinion may well change on the pluses and minuses of where you are thinking of settling.
Thanks for the advice
Winston2012 is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:58 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Winston2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Keithtoon View Post
BELLS RINGING!!!!
Is there a problem selling your house in the UK in same year as buying in Spain, as if you have made profit on your UK property the Spanish class that as Income and will incur tax. Or have missed something?
Hope some one can give the heads up....
Keith.
Bells ringing you say........ why?
Winston2012 is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2019, 5:15 pm
  #9  
MODERATOR
 
Fred James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Granada Costa
Posts: 10,660
Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Winston2012 View Post
Bells ringing you say........ why?
Because if you sell your UK house after you have become tax resident in Spain you will pay Spanish CGT on the sale. If you buy a house in Spain at the same time or within 2 years you may be able to avoid some or all of the tax.
Fred James is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2019, 7:25 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
el collado kid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2019
Location: jalon valley costa Blanca
Posts: 4,052
el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hola

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post


Because if you sell your UK house after you have become tax resident in Spain you will pay Spanish CGT on the sale. If you buy a house in Spain at the same time or within 2 years you may be able to avoid some or all of the tax.
Hi we sold in the UK in august 2015 and bought in Spain in October the same year and we paid no CGT.just all the usual local and government taxes. hope this helps
el collado kid is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2019, 3:24 pm
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Winston2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hola

Thanks for the advice all
Winston2012 is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:07 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Alhaurin el Grande, Malaga
Posts: 1,079
bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hi we sold in the UK in august 2015 and bought in Spain in October the same year and we paid no CGT.just all the usual local and government taxes. hope this helps
you become tax resident after 6 months regardless.. and chances are that you personally are supposed to declare it on your tax return, they wont know about it.. and if they do.. you´ll get a bill in a year or two for the tax that you should of paid.
bfg69bug is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2019, 6:08 pm
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Location: Alicante
Posts: 668
Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hola

You can reside on a certain campsites, I personally know at least 3 couples who obtained their residencia whilst living on the Marjal Costa Blanca site one of whom still live there.

After Brexit the procedures for transporting animals will become significantly more protracted and burdensome, the days of jumping on the ferry and travelling just with a pet passport will be well and truly over.l

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-trav...e-after-brexit

Perhaps they are worried about animals catching Rabies from Mad Dog BoJo and his sycophant cronies!
Notdunroamin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.