Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HitsMobile SIM Card

HitsMobile SIM Card

Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Dave8972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HitsMobile SIM Card

I'm travelling to Spain in a few weeks and have just received Hits SIM card to use while visiting.
PIN and PUK numbers are very clear and understandable. Not so clear with the 'phone number, seems to me to have far to many digits.

3456 050xxxxxxxxx 8

Would like help as to what number I should provide to family before leaving home.

Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:33 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HitsMobile SIM Card

Originally Posted by Dave8972 View Post
I'm travelling to Spain in a few weeks and have just received Hits SIM card to use while visiting.
PIN and PUK numbers are very clear and understandable. Not so clear with the 'phone number, seems to me to have far to many digits.

3456 050xxxxxxxxx 8

Would like help as to what number I should provide to family before leaving home.

Thanks.
spanish telephone numbers typically have 9 digits

the 34 will be the country code for Spain, which would bring it up to 11 digits

usually you would put 00 in front of the 34

so they would dial 0034 *** *** ***

mobile numbers typically begin with 6

so that would be 0034 6** *** ***

does that help?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

chris3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not put the sim card in , enter the pin and puck number , then ring your English mobile , that should give you the number and all people need to add is the country code 0034 ?!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Dave8972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your responses.
Took quite some time but HITS sent a text message welcome to their service that included my phone number. Bore no resemblance to that provided with SIM other than starting with 34.

My other SIM cards, from Tesco UK and eKit both have phone number clearly printed on SIM holder so I expected same with this new SIM from HitsMobile.