Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HITS MOBILE PAYG

HITS MOBILE PAYG

Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default HITS MOBILE PAYG

Right just going to sign up for their 10 euros sim card offer with 10 euros free credit and I see that it is Telefonica/Movistar but they are using the Vodafone line.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HITS MOBILE PAYG

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Right just going to sign up for their 10 euros sim card offer with 10 euros free credit and I see that it is Telefonica/Movistar but they are using the Vodafone line.
Don't forget with Hits you must top up every 3 months or the credit is frozen and you will only receive calls, after 6 months goes out of use.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:45 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Advice for a PAYG mobile SIM where your balance is not frozen if you do not top up?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Don't forget with Hits you must top up every 3 months or the credit is frozen and you will only receive calls, after 6 months goes out of use.
At least I will know.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just going by their information in the FAQ's which are below

You can use your credit whenever you want. However, if 3 months (90 days) pass without you making a top-up, your credit will be frozen and you will only be able to receive calls and messages or make calls to the Customer Care Service (1212) or to your voicemail on 177 for a further 2 months (60 days).

But don"t worry, because you can recover your credit during these 2 months. How? All you need to do is to top up again and your credit will be available once more. You will only lose your connection if you make no top-ups during 6 months (180 days).

May be worth checking with them to prevent any further problems
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I went to Carrefour yesterday as I thought I would see what it cost for their sim card.....three girls on the desk and not one was dealing with Carrefour mobiles. Waited whilst they tried to get one but waited in vain.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

What I don´t understand is the connection to Movistar when they have their own mobiles.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What I don´t understand is the connection to Movistar when they have their own mobiles.
They may sell their own mobile but it doesn't mean they have the infrastructure to support it.

There are only 4 network providers in Spain, Movistar, Orange, Vodafone and Yoigo (with only partial coverage).

As a result all the other phone companies have to use one of these suppliers.

HITS uses Vodafone.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
They may sell their own mobile but it doesn't mean they have the infrastructure to support it.

There are only 4 network providers in Spain, Movistar, Orange, Vodafone and Yoigo (with only partial coverage).

As a result all the other phone companies have to use one of these suppliers.

HITS uses Vodafone.
But my question is if they are Movistar under another name why don´t they use the Movistar network? Yoigo is useless coverage in our area.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know HITS is an independent supplier of mobile phones on PAYG or contract.

They have nothing to do with Movistar - they use the Vodafone network.

They are nothing to do with Vodafone apart from being a customer for their network services.

It's no different from signing up for an ADSL supplier such as Orange or Teletec (there are loads of them). They all use the Movistar (Telefonica) lines to your house but they just buy that service from Movistar.

If you buy Orange ADSL the fact that they are customers of Movistar and use their lines is irrelevant to your contract with them.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
As far as I know HITS is an independent supplier of mobile phones on PAYG or contract.

They have nothing to do with Movistar - they use the Vodafone network.

They are nothing to do with Vodafone apart from being a customer for their network services.

It's no different from signing up for an ADSL supplier such as Orange or Teletec (there are loads of them). They all use the Movistar (Telefonica) lines to your house but they just buy that service from Movistar.

If you buy Orange ADSL the fact that they are customers of Movistar and use their lines is irrelevant to your contract with them.
This is why I thought they were part of Movistar from the following at the bottom of the page.

Movifresh Telefonica in English ® 2004 - 2010
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just saw Movifresh and my brain translated it to Movistar!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I've a friend who bought one so that he can use it to receive access prompts for his online banking,he found it roamed OK in France but isn't working in the UK.If I'd known about top up's every three months I wouldn't have recommended it

Last edited by davidinspain; Nov 23rd 2012 at 1:04 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

when I top up my Movistar mobile I get a txt back confirming the transaction with a date of when it lasts until.

ISTR reading somewhere (BE?) that this is an anti-terrorist measure, stops terrrorists holding a cache of "burn" mobiles unused.

`
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Dantis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been with Hits for about 4 years and are reasonably happy with them. If you do not use your mobile much then they are very good. I have two PAYG SIMs with them (one for the wife) and you only top up when you need to. Yes, there is a 90 day expiration of top-ups, after which you will only be able to receive calls, but when you top-up again you get the unused credit back, minimum top-up is 5€ and is easily done at most cash-points, although you can top-up at post offices etc.

Calls and texts are quite cheap although there is a 15c connection charge for all national calls, calls between Hits users (up to 5 minutes each call) are free (remember the 15c connection charge though), texts are 9c to Spanish mobiles. There are slightly different tariffs which may be a bit cheaper/expensive than mine which is 'Unete7', all Spanish calls are 7c minute (fixed or mobile). All prices are plus IVA.

Whilst we are talking about the IVA, Hits deduct the IVA from your top-up at the outset, so if you top-up 5€, your phone is actually credited with about 4,15€, then all calls and texts are charged without the IVA added, sounds weird but it works out just the same as the conventional way.

You can speak to Hits in English or Spanish or German or French, also their website is multi-lingual, you can see your account details, recent usage etc.

I used to top-up via the website but this feature does not seem to work anymore, although it is still advertised. They also do automatic top-ups so you will never run out of credit.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.