Reload this Page >

High Schools in Spain

High Schools in Spain

Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

pinklady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High Schools in Spain

Hi

I would just like to introduce myself to the site.my name is Julie and I am married with 2 children.I have been reading everyones tales for the last 2 months especially Miss Naughty.Myself and family are hoping to move to Spain and I wanted some more information on high schools in Valencia and Malaga areas.Can anybody help?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:10 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: High Schools in Spain

What do you mean bu high schools? is it secondary schools from the age of 11?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Yes 11yrs to 16yrs.Sorry not sussed out how to reply quick yet.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:23 pm
Still young member

No nor me! I press the reply button at the bottom of the last posting

I live in Marbella - 2 kids now 14 and 16 and we moved here when they were 3 and 5. They went throguh spanish system but I know about the international schools as well - what info can I help you with?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy

I live in Marbella - 2 kids now 14 and 16 and we moved here when they were 3 and 5. They went throguh spanish system but I know about the international schools as well - what info can I help you with?
Click on the bottom right box in the message for quick reply.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:36 pm
Still young member

Originally Posted by jdr
Click on the bottom right box in the message for quick reply.
Gosh isnt that clever! Its the little box with no text on it! (forgive a blonde one??)
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

What are they like compared to the uk?I have read a little bit about some of the schools.Some you have to pay fees and some you dont.I wondered what percentage of british children attended.I dont want to send my 12yr old to a school where he cannot speak the language and feel left out.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:45 pm
Still young member

Originally Posted by pinklady
What are they like compared to the uk?I have read a little bit about some of the schools.Some you have to pay fees and some you dont.I wondered what percentage of british children attended.I dont want to send my 12yr old to a school where he cannot speak the language and feel left out.
I found them very good. The teachers are very friendly with the children and the system is escellent. Yes if your kids are older they will experience problems with the language. Normally they will be placed into a class lower than their age peers and given lessons to help their language. Other than that you can pay for them to go into the international schools - they will follow the english curriculum and its probably the route I would have taken if I moved here with older children. Around 15% of classes have non-spansih europeans and there are only two possible problems. Rebellion from your own as they resent the massive upheaval and possible bullying.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

I found them very good. The teachers are very friendly with the children and the system is escellent. Yes if your kids are older they will experience problems with the language. Normally they will be placed into a class lower than their age peers and given lessons to help their language. Other than that you can pay for them to go into the international schools - they will follow the english curriculum and its probably the route I would have taken if I moved here with older children. Around 15% of classes have non-spansih europeans and there are only two possible problems. Rebellion from your own as they resent the massive upheaval and possible bullying.
Thanks for your help.How much are the fees for a International school?I would pack up and move to Spain tomorrow apart from my 12 year old son.My other son is 17 and at college but would look for work when we got out there.Speak to you later and thanks again.Have to put tea on.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this one, may get some idea of fees etc.,

http://www.thebritishcollege.com/

Some of the British schools work to the UK curriculum

There are many more near Malaga, I would do a seach on google, good luck
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:13 am
Still young member

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Look at this one, may get some idea of fees etc.,

http://www.thebritishcollege.com/

Some of the British schools work to the UK curriculum

There are many more near Malaga, I would do a seach on google, good luck
It depends on which one you go to and the age etc but you can expect to pay 1500 euros per term (3 months) as a general average. You can find a whole list of them through google then call them. Good luck
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

I would just like to introduce myself to the site.my name is Julie and I am married with 2 children.I have been reading everyones tales for the last 2 months especially Miss Naughty.Myself and family are hoping to move to Spain and I wanted some more information on high schools in Valencia and Malaga areas.Can anybody help?
My daughter goes to El Plantio British School in La Cañada, just outside Valencia. She is in her final year now doing the International Baccalaureate.

The fees are 537€ per month (including lunch) for a ten month year. The fees are a bit less for the secondary school.

In Spain you also need to budget for text books about 200€. Mind you when you're only paying 400€ per year local taxes you can't complain. Our local Ayumiento gives a grant towards them. I think it was 80€ last year.

The first year we were here we ordered the books from the 'recommended' book shop in Valencia and they were expensive. The last couple of years we've bought most on Amazon (both new and second-hand) and saved a fortune.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:54 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Thanks for your help.How much are the fees for a International school?I would pack up and move to Spain tomorrow apart from my 12 year old son.My other son is 17 and at college but would look for work when we got out there.Speak to you later and thanks again.Have to put tea on.
Do you speak Spanish.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Do you speak Spanish.
Thanks for your information.I speak a little Spainish just the basics.My son is learning French this year but next year is taking Spainish.I think that its fair that we all learn the language and culture.How did your teenager get on with making friends?How long have you lived in Spain for?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:44 am
Just Joined

issy bon bon is an unknown quantity at this point

Whilst on the subject of schools doea anyone have children in school in the Calpe area ages 12 & 8 a friend of mine is coming to look at this area but is worried about schoolong and is finding it hard to get a long term rental until she buys can anyone help ta:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.