Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

High Electric Bill

Wikiposts

High Electric Bill

Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy High Electric Bill

Just wondering if anyone knows of any reason why my August electric bill from Endesa should be over 4 times any of my previous bills. Since the change to monthly bills I have paid between 11 and 16 euros a month as the house is empty most of the time so 11 is when no electric consumed and 16 is when we have been over for a week. August having checked my bank account is 74 euros yes we were there for a week in July but didn't use anything that we haven't before i.e. water cooker fan lights so I am baffled as to why so expensive. Unfortunately I can't see the bill till I go over in a couple of weeks. If I phone Endesa will I be able to speak to anyone in English to find out why the extortinate rise I only pay this amount in the Uk for my Gas and Electric combined.
Bob
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:13 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all
Default Re: High Electric Bill

Originally Posted by bobd22
Just wondering if anyone knows of any reason why my August electric bill from Endesa should be over 4 times any of my previous bills. Since the change to monthly bills I have paid between 11 and 16 euros a month as the house is empty most of the time so 11 is when no electric consumed and 16 is when we have been over for a week. August having checked my bank account is 74 euros yes we were there for a week in July but didn't use anything that we haven't before i.e. water cooker fan lights so I am baffled as to why so expensive. Unfortunately I can't see the bill till I go over in a couple of weeks. If I phone Endesa will I be able to speak to anyone in English to find out why the extortinate rise I only pay this amount in the Uk for my Gas and Electric combined.
Bob

Is it a catch up on estimated bills? Our house is the same empty for most of the year - 9.45 a month. We were there in June for 3 weeks, on the bank statement this month there were no payments taken for July but 2 in August - 16 euros and 12 euros. You may find they settle back down with no charges for a couple of months.

Over November and December we had higher bills and nobody was there - so not sure what that was about - but they did go to vitually nothing for Jan and Feb.

Is it possible you have left something on - can somebody check for you?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:46 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Did you leave anything electric on? a light, in the shed etc? do you have a well, was the electric turned off? do you have a watering system? fridge freezer? sky digibox?

Just go through in your mind every room and every plug - sometimes the answer will "pop out"

Davexf
Old Aug 30th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Quite often the August bills are an estimate as all the readers are on holiday.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies I am 99% certain nothing was left on as I always knock off the power at the mains box so the 1 % is if I failed to do that which I doubt. There is no watering systems etc as it is just a small village house. I am going over in 2 weeks so I will then be able to check the bill. I was wondering if it may be an estimated bill but if that's the case why would they estimate it so high when for 18 months it has been pretty much the same. No doubt when I see the bill it will make some sense or at least I will have the information to try and query Endesa.
Bob
Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think I may have found the answer having checked my bank account it would appear that the high bill is from ENDESA ENERGIA XXI SL and the older bills were Endesa Sevillana. I believe that the change is something to do with de regulation from the 1 july and the bill for August would cover July so I m presuming it will be a estimated bill. Hopefully it will sort itself out.
Bob
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have managed to register for Endesa online and having just logged in can view the details of my bills for the year up to June but surprise surprise not the July bill which is the one that was 70 odd Euro and came out of the bank in August? I have sent them an e mail re the online site to query this bill so will see what happens. The online site seems pretty good and has an English option.
Bob