Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Old May 29th 2008, 5:09 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

So they did the brit thing,asked for advice,made their mind up without listening to any of it,so why ask in the first place.I have seen so many go down the pan,but the best of luck to you,but if it goes belly up,get ready if you put a post on here,(not working out) cos theyll be at you like flies round shit.:curse:
Old May 29th 2008, 5:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by advent7006
So they did the brit thing,asked for advice,made their mind up without listening to any of it,so why ask in the first place.I have seen so many go down the pan,but the best of luck to you,but if it goes belly up,get ready if you put a post on here,(not working out) cos theyll be at you like flies round shit.:curse:
Why be so nasty?

Are you the font of all knowledge?

Have you made every decision in your life thanks to a load of no names on an internet forum rather than any advice from people around them?

Who the hell are you to try and assume that you know their situation or circumstance?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 29th 2008 at 8:57 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Where are these £14 per night 5 star hotels?
Just cost me near £100/nt for a decent 4 star - well I hope it's decent.
I was talking Costa Brava for them, the cheaper part of Spain but the ratings are 4 star.

I dont mind the Costa Brava for a break when its well hot in July & Aug however my pref time there is taking a a dose in September, I find it very comfortable for little money
Old May 29th 2008, 5:29 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Why be so nasty?

Are you the font of all knowledge?

Have you made every decision in your life thanks to a load of no names on an internet forum rather than any advice from people around them?

Who the hell are you to try and assume that you know their situation or circumstance?
First im not being nasty,no im not the font of all knowledge(i have had bars in england and spain)and have made mistakes oh yes many of them.Im not slating them i truly wish them all the luck in the world.I do not relish in anyone throwing money away,is the british way not i told you so?you need to look in the mirror.:curse:

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 29th 2008 at 8:58 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:31 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

First im not being nasty,no im not the font of all knowledge(i have had bars in england and spain)and have made mistakes oh yes many of them.Im not slating them i truly wish them all the luck in the world.I do not relish in anyone throwing money away,is the british way not i told you so?you need to look in the mirror.:curse:
Advent, read their follow up post again....

you posted in reply to that, yet if you read what they posted it is pretty clear they did everything right
Old May 29th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Red Devil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
I just thought i would leave a quick response regarding my post that has gone totally off topic.

I have listened to everyones comments and advice, and in the early posts i was told to just NOT DO IT. We were advised on areas, and we took all of the advice on board, and thus have not bought an egg and chip place amongst lots of other cafe bars.

We have bought one in a large residential areas surrounded by villas, apartments, with hardly any competition. The previous owners were doing great with it, and its a lovely family friendly place. Unfortunately a bereavement is forcing them to sell.

We knew full well regards all of our legalities and costs, and the day after posting the question regards licensing fees, our lawyer came back to us with the exact cost.

We were over in spain, and it was a bank holiday ( therefore the marbella town hall was shut) and the lawyer needed to take the inspection report there, and find out exact costs on changing the name of the opening license. He later found this out, and we are all set to go.

We thought that maybe one or two of you might have known the answer, as we were having to wait the weekend to find out exact figures.

We really appreciate help from everyone and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. but we have knowledge of the catering and entertainment trade, and get very disheartened when people put replys like " lets have a whip around for their return" its a bit cruel.

At no point had we put down a deposit on the business until all of our questions had been answered. We now have a contract and things are progressing well, we have found a lovely home in reserva de marbella to rent.

I hope that people continue to give us fair and honest advice, but i feel reluctant to post anything else, as i always end up feeling really bad about myself when i hear the nasty comments. Every single post of mine has also been totally taken off topic. For e.g - my simple question regards a marbella licensing fee had ended up changing to the length of a mans bits and sex.

Please be fair xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't be disheartened by some of the replies. Whilst they may not as been as positive as you would have liked it is good to get all sides of the argument. I only gave my opinion as I have been there so recently. As long as you have done your homework and you have sorted all the legal side then I wish you the best of luck. I will be down that way again later in the year so let me know where abouts you are and if you are open I will look you up.
Good luck, Sharon
Old May 29th 2008, 6:30 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
I just thought i would leave a quick response regarding my post that has gone totally off topic.
For e.g - my simple question regards a marbella licensing fee had ended up changing to the length of a mans bits and sex.

Please be fair xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tis true it has slewed off a little here, but maybe the posters didn't think you were coming back as you posted 7 days ago

In relation to the area, is there not a post from here from someone who lives around there and says its quite quiet around that area
Old May 29th 2008, 6:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Tis true it has slewed off a little here, but maybe the posters didn't think you were coming back as you posted 7 days ago

In relation to the area, is there not a post from here from someone who lives around there and says its quite quiet around that area
Thanks for that mitzy,i said only what others were thinking.
Old May 29th 2008, 6:45 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have noticed that el Capitan does that a lot
Oi you, basta.
pot-kettle-black
Old May 29th 2008, 6:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that mitzy,i said only what others were thinking.
Errr .... I wasn't agreeing with your post really as I thought it unneccesarily harsh, I was checking that they had read the post

Now can we keep this on thread in case the OP comes back
Old May 29th 2008, 6:51 am
Banned

I didnt think you did agree with me,i meant that they posted then disapeared for 7 days,were told that the area was like a ghost town,so to sum up advice given advice ignored,so thats what i meant by thanks for that?
Old May 29th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt think you did agree with me,i meant that they posted then disapeared for 7 days,were told that the area was like a ghost town,so to sum up advice given advice ignored,so thats what i meant by thanks for that?
There is still room for a bar in a ghost town, even if its non profitable, im sure at least one yocal would be pleased one is there
Old May 29th 2008, 7:33 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just hope its not the one near my Uncle that is to rent. It has changed hands about 3 times in 4 years Was good food too, just lacking in atmosphere cos of being empty.
Old May 29th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Just hope its not the one near my Uncle that is to rent. It has changed hands about 3 times in 4 years Was good food too, just lacking in atmosphere cos of being empty.
Maybe M&D are more than capable of creating a atmosphere - if as you say thats all that is needed.

Some people have a talent for creativity and turning a piss hole into a lively joint. Word of mouth is what gets you noticed and therfore makes you money in Spain, well thats what the Spainards tell me
Old May 29th 2008, 1:33 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Maybe M&D are more than capable of creating a atmosphere - if as you say thats all that is needed.

Some people have a talent for creativity and turning a piss hole into a lively joint. Word of mouth is what gets you noticed and therfore makes you money in Spain, well thats what the Spainards tell me
Even Peter Stringfellow you know him of Disco fame opened a tea dance business in Costa upon Sea ,Thousands spent on lighting/ Imported marble from Italy for the dance floor and none of the pensioners came..... Its a Bingo hall now but wot a lively joint some of them spend 4 or 5 euros a night but it has dropped off a bit since the pound went down the pan, You have all seen the one bar in the small town the brits arrive think they are going to clean up, no other bar in sight however all you get is 80 year old men taking up all your outside tables playing dominoes all day and night and spending nowt
They don't fancy the belt buster all day English with 10 rashers and 4 eggs
They eat at home and can only afford simple fare like grilled fish nice crisp salad with olive oil/lemon dressing or a few slices of Jamón Iberico de Bellota with fresh bread and olives no wonder they live so long...... but hey in Business you have to take the odd gamble with the investors money as my old uncle Lawrence Fishburn-Goldberg would say already.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2008 at 2:28 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.