Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Old May 28th 2008, 9:56 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by leighbloke
That's what I said to the missus when the visa bill arrived.
Do you have flights on top of that?
Old May 28th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Do you have flights on top of that?
No, it was a package, and actually works out pretty good as the lad goes free - but that ruined the gist of me Q somewhat. Think the hotel would have about 1600 euros + flights if we'd gone direct.
Old May 28th 2008, 10:08 am

No, it was a package, and actually works out pretty good as the lad goes free - but that ruined the gist of me Q somewhat. Think the hotel would have about 1600 euros + flights if we'd gone direct.
I dont think thats a bad deal then saying its July when you go!
Old May 28th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I dont think thats a bad deal then saying its July when you go!
Still where are these £14/Nt AI 5 star gigs???
Old May 28th 2008, 10:14 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????
Old May 28th 2008, 10:14 am

Still where are these £14/Nt AI 5 star gigs???
Dunno!
Old May 28th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????
Yes, Indeedy, I wonder if they are there now getting the old li diddly icence sorted?
I hope they do well.
Old May 28th 2008, 12:19 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Yes, Indeedy, I wonder if they are there now getting the old li diddly icence sorted?
I hope they do well.

Just a lick of paint and we are good to go.....

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:40 pm.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
ban them!

Its all good and well us telling them not to do this but didnt I read somewhere that they are both involved with the catering /licence trade anyway?

I may have them mixed up with the ENDLESS other threads on this subject, but I was pretty sure that they are. If that is so then they will be fully aware that times are tough, that the hours are long and the work hard.

Yeah I agree that they should be cautious but they should also be offered a bit more advice than just "don't do it"
Old May 28th 2008, 10:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

But this should be on the list of things to know before you even think about doing it.
The only thing you don`t need a licence for in Spain is sex, but I don`t know how long till it`s added.
Old May 28th 2008, 10:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But this should be on the list of things to know before you even think about doing it.
The only thing you don`t need a licence for in Spain is sex, but I don`t know how long till it`s added.
shhh, I have told Lara you do
Old May 29th 2008, 12:49 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
I'm sure someone mentioned somewhere between 6 and 9 inches but then in Spain this could be much longer. Mañana rules!
Old May 29th 2008, 4:53 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by El Capitan
I'm sure someone mentioned somewhere between 6 and 9 inches but then in Spain this could be much longer. Mañana rules!
So all the blokes on here are safe,sure they all fall well short of 6 inches,so no problem boys?
Old May 29th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all

I just thought i would leave a quick response regarding my post that has gone totally off topic.

I have listened to everyones comments and advice, and in the early posts i was told to just NOT DO IT. We were advised on areas, and we took all of the advice on board, and thus have not bought an egg and chip place amongst lots of other cafe bars.

We have bought one in a large residential areas surrounded by villas, apartments, with hardly any competition. The previous owners were doing great with it, and its a lovely family friendly place. Unfortunately a bereavement is forcing them to sell.

We knew full well regards all of our legalities and costs, and the day after posting the question regards licensing fees, our lawyer came back to us with the exact cost.

We were over in spain, and it was a bank holiday ( therefore the marbella town hall was shut) and the lawyer needed to take the inspection report there, and find out exact costs on changing the name of the opening license. He later found this out, and we are all set to go.

We thought that maybe one or two of you might have known the answer, as we were having to wait the weekend to find out exact figures.

We really appreciate help from everyone and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. but we have knowledge of the catering and entertainment trade, and get very disheartened when people put replys like " lets have a whip around for their return" its a bit cruel.

At no point had we put down a deposit on the business until all of our questions had been answered. We now have a contract and things are progressing well, we have found a lovely home in reserva de marbella to rent.

I hope that people continue to give us fair and honest advice, but i feel reluctant to post anything else, as i always end up feeling really bad about myself when i hear the nasty comments. Every single post of mine has also been totally taken off topic. For e.g - my simple question regards a marbella licensing fee had ended up changing to the length of a mans bits and sex.

Please be fair xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 29th 2008, 5:04 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
I just thought i would leave a quick response regarding my post that has gone totally off topic.

I have listened to everyones comments and advice, and in the early posts i was told to just NOT DO IT. We were advised on areas, and we took all of the advice on board, and thus have not bought an egg and chip place amongst lots of other cafe bars.

We have bought one in a large residential areas surrounded by villas, apartments, with hardly any competition. The previous owners were doing great with it, and its a lovely family friendly place. Unfortunately a bereavement is forcing them to sell.

We knew full well regards all of our legalities and costs, and the day after posting the question regards licensing fees, our lawyer came back to us with the exact cost.

We were over in spain, and it was a bank holiday ( therefore the marbella town hall was shut) and the lawyer needed to take the inspection report there, and find out exact costs on changing the name of the opening license. He later found this out, and we are all set to go.

We thought that maybe one or two of you might have known the answer, as we were having to wait the weekend to find out exact figures.

We really appreciate help from everyone and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. but we have knowledge of the catering and entertainment trade, and get very disheartened when people put replys like " lets have a whip around for their return" its a bit cruel.

At no point had we put down a deposit on the business until all of our questions had been answered. We now have a contract and things are progressing well, we have found a lovely home in reserva de marbella to rent.

I hope that people continue to give us fair and honest advice, but i feel reluctant to post anything else, as i always end up feeling really bad about myself when i hear the nasty comments. Every single post of mine has also been totally taken off topic. For e.g - my simple question regards a marbella licensing fee had ended up changing to the length of a mans bits and sex.

Please be fair xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have noticed that el Capitan does that a lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.