Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Old May 27th 2008, 5:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by jackytoo
My Uncle lives around Las Chapas area and the bars and restaurants have been dead for the past 6 months. They are always going under new ownership too. Although Fuengirola has been quiet too and there is lots more competition.
Uh oh ....... that will be bad news for the OP, although they haven't been back it seems
Old May 27th 2008, 6:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????

Originally Posted by jackytoo
My Uncle lives around Las Chapas area and the bars and restaurants have been dead for the past 6 months. They are always going under new ownership too. Although Fuengirola has been quiet too and there is lots more competition.
We eat out a lot in Fuengirola and even good places where we used to have to book are now just walk in, so trade is slowing down this year so far.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
We eat out a lot in Fuengirola and even good places where we used to have to book are now just walk in, so trade is slowing down this year so far.
Does it normally improve much in the summer, or is it just mid July through August?
Old May 27th 2008, 7:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Does it normally improve much in the summer, or is it just mid July through August?
Can`t really say but it probably improves, we don`t go to the front in the summer as it is a nightmare to park, so we go to inland places then.
The parking is mainly spanish people and as you know they rarely use English bars, they BBQ on the beach or eat in the fish restaurants.
They are in the process of building a 5 star all inclusive holiday village with about 5 or 6 hotels in it which doesn`t help the situation either.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I think you hit the nail on the head there jdr. The ever increasing popularity of the "all inclusive" holiday has hit many Brit bars very hard.
No matter what the owners try to do to entice custom. They can't compete with the hotels, where the average Brit on holiday can drink themselves into coma every day & night without ever putting their hand in their pocket.

Just look at how many of the once very popular bars that sprung up around the biggest hotels in the last 10-15 yrs are now either closed or empty.
Old May 28th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
I think you hit the nail on the head there jdr. The ever increasing popularity of the "all inclusive" holiday has hit many Brit bars very hard.
No matter what the owners try to do to entice custom. They can't compete with the hotels, where the average Brit on holiday can drink themselves into coma every day & night without ever putting their hand in their pocket.

Just look at how many of the once very popular bars that sprung up around the biggest hotels in the last 10-15 yrs are now either closed or empty.
Some of them I think it serves them right, often Ive been in brit bars with watered down drinks or fake drinks which are in the proper bottle and most overpriced for the region aswell.

I very rarely take all inclusive prices but as they are getting cheaper now, especially on the costa brava where you can stay for £14 a night all inc at times I think its worth it.

I gave it one last chance last year in LLoret towards the end of summer by going room only and I regretted that very much, my last summer jaunt this year will be all Inc for sure.

I dont wish to tar all brit bars with the same brush but I have spoke to many a barman/barmaid in my time who would back up what I have said.

Im not saying every spanish bar is perfect either but I have very rarely drunk a non original drink from a original bottle in a Spanish bar.
Old May 28th 2008, 6:39 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light

MMMMMMmm nobody on here as ever had top notch drinks at an all inclusive,the drinks you get are spanish local drinks no brand name.Why go to an all inclusive,if you look hard enough youll get h/b for similar and you dont feel tied to the hotel,whats the point in going away to stay in one place?.Benidorm majorca canary islands,all the bars are on there arse because of all inc hols.Best tip is keep away from bars offering two for one,beer 1euro,they cant sell it for that price unless they serve you local stuff.Watering beer down is a thing of the past done by stewards of big clubs,you cant water beer down now,at least if you did the pressure would probably blow your nose off.They can serve you lets say carlsberg,its on the dispenser on the bar,but out back is san/mig or the other one in a red barrel.Here is a simple test for you to try at home,pour a beer into a large glass,now get a smaller glass,put it upturned into the large glass,slowly pushing down now you can see how much water is in,95% try it.any brit thinking of taking on a bar would be better off going on a long holiday,spend the the lot,go back to the uk without a penny,cos thats what will happen if you buy a bar.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by advent7006
MMMMMMmm nobody on here as ever had top notch drinks at an all inclusive,the drinks you get are spanish local drinks no brand name.Why go to an all inclusive,if you look hard enough youll get h/b for similar and you dont feel tied to the hotel,whats the point in going away to stay in one place?.Benidorm majorca canary islands,all the bars are on there arse because of all inc hols.Best tip is keep away from bars offering two for one,beer 1euro,they cant sell it for that price unless they serve you local stuff.Watering beer down is a thing of the past done by stewards of big clubs,you cant water beer down now,at least if you did the pressure would probably blow your nose off.They can serve you lets say carlsberg,its on the dispenser on the bar,but out back is san/mig or the other one in a red barrel.Here is a simple test for you to try at home,pour a beer into a large glass,now get a smaller glass,put it upturned into the large glass,slowly pushing down now you can see how much water is in,95% try it.any brit thinking of taking on a bar would be better off going on a long holiday,spend the the lot,go back to the uk without a penny,cos thats what will happen if you buy a bar.
Take a holiday at Moon Palace Cancun and you will soon change your mind on all inclusive.
Pic was in high season. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Hi thinking of buying a business, marbella license costs required ?????????????-pool-676-x-507-.jpg  
Old May 28th 2008, 7:07 am
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light

Is cancun in spain mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO:curse:
Old May 28th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Yeah, but lots of people go all inclusve to spain solely to enjoy the sun and the 'free food and beer'. they couldnt give a nadgers if the beers local (whats wrong with san miguel anyway!?). their idea is a break away from everything, so they get the beach, the pool, dont have to walk anywhere, and an stagger back to their bed fulll to the brim with laughing juice.

not my cuppa personally, but for others its perfect.......
Old May 28th 2008, 8:00 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by advent7006
Is cancun in spain mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO:curse:
You`re quick, but it was all inclusive, the same cause as the bars going downhill in my area of Spain.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

MMMMMMmm nobody on here as ever had top notch drinks at an all inclusive,

I was not making that comparison, as digdug says people go for the cheap stuff, My point is Im happy to see some brit bars closed that ripped the arse out of people

Why go to an all inclusive,if you look hard enough youll get h/b for similar and you dont feel tied to the hotel,whats the point in going away to stay in one place?.

As i said Ive never done all inclusive like that but the price is hardly any differerent and more comfortable hotels with better facilities and you have free beer on tap. Nothing stopping you going out, some people just go away to sunbathe, they dont venture out, everyone is different.

£14 a night for a named 4 star compared to about £7-8 to £10 + for a 2 star dilapidated hotel in the same region.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Where are these £14 per night 5 star hotels?
Just cost me near £100/nt for a decent 4 star - well I hope it's decent.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:53 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Where are these £14 per night 5 star hotels?
Just cost me near £100/nt for a decent 4 star - well I hope it's decent.
Thats expensive!!
Old May 28th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Thats expensive!!
That's what I said to the missus when the visa bill arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.