Hi newbie here

Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice
Default Hi newbie here

Hello all,
I would like to introduce ourselves. Both in our early 60s (me just) interests mainly sailing and jet skiing. We had hoped to be over by now but the Uk housing market is very slow, so have taken it off the market till early next year if it still doesn't sell will try to rent it out and rent in Spain. The area we favour is Denia to Gandia, but what might finally settle it would be easy access to our interests. So will have questions about boating. And that old chestnut " bringing a car over" So much information, so much of it conflicting.
I would like to say what an informative site this is and very friendly.
Do we have any sailors out there?
Cheers
Jimbo
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi newbie here

Originally Posted by jimmbo
Hello all,
I would like to introduce ourselves. Both in our early 60s (me just) interests mainly sailing and jet skiing. We had hoped to be over by now but the Uk housing market is very slow, so have taken it off the market till early next year if it still doesn't sell will try to rent it out and rent in Spain. The area we favour is Denia to Gandia, but what might finally settle it would be easy access to our interests. So will have questions about boating. And that old chestnut " bringing a car over" So much information, so much of it conflicting.
Cheers
Jimbo
Hiya
Welcome to the forum
There are a few of around the area you are interested in, so ask away. Gandia, Denia & Oliva all have marinas
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, and welcome to the forum

I'm afraid I can't help you with the area or your interests , but I believe one of the members - Poollounger - is a keen sailor??

I think you have to post a minimum of 3 times before you can send and receive PMs (personal messages) but it might be worth contacting him about his experiences of sailing here.

Good luck with your house sale in the New Year.
There's a very long thread on here called "Estate Agents - A Campaign to make them work!"
You'll find that there are many people in your situation of not being able to sell right now; I'm sure it's a very frustrating place to be

All the very best to you,
Sam(antha)
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:32 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi jimmbo

ditto what Sam said, I'm not in your area and having a mega fear of the sea you won't find me anywhere near a jet ski or come to mention it on the back of a banana.

Just want to say welcome to BE I am sure you will get some sensible and a lot more nonsense from the good kind peeps here. Yes poollounger does enjoy sailing not to sure if he does much here in Spain and of course he is round the coast on the Atlantic side. I am sure if he reads this he will tell us and hopefully be able to give you good sound advice. Once again welcome to you both.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:53 pm
Banned

Spain4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
Cheers
Jimbo
Welcome jimmbo and highest respect jet ski at 60
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Thank you all for your kind welcome,
The jet ski is my substitute motor bike, I'm still new to the sport, but it does bring a smile from ear to ear.
jimbo
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:13 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

There are a few inland areas where a jetski is the best way to get around at the moment
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

As one of you is over UK retirement age, you will BOTH qualify for FREE health care over here, need form E121 from Newcastle, Plenty of sailing and jet skiing round here looking at what we see locally.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The jet ski is my substitute motor bike, I'm still new to the sport, but it does bring a smile from ear to ear.
jimbo
You will need to take a test and get a licence before you can do it in Spain though.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

I've heard that a license is needed.
Do you know if RYA qualifications (ICC's) are accepted in Spain? If I take up residence?
Also will I be able to bring the ski over (import) without the bureaucracy taking an interest?
jimbo
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:58 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that a license is needed.
Do you know if RYA qualifications (ICC's) are accepted in Spain? If I take up residence?
Also will I be able to bring the ski over (import) without the bureaucracy taking an interest?
jimbo
Hi Jimmbo and welcome to the forum.

Yes, RYA qualifications are accepted in Spain, or at least the Costa Blanca North part of Spain. As for importing a jet ski, not too sure about that one, but I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything.

Martha
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:07 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

jimbo
I am sure Xtreme will be on this thread soon!!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:09 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I am sure Xtreme will be on this thread soon!!
Only if he can run it UK registered
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the answers. Do you think my question about importing the ski should be the start of a new thread?
It's cold here with a northerly wind, but the sun is shining.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the answers. Do you think my question about importing the ski should be the start of a new thread?
It's cold here with a northerly wind, but the sun is shining.
I'm sure you can carry on here ..... I'm sure you can bring it over no problem if its a personal possession, just like you would anything else ....... the only thing is the licencing issues have to be addressed though.

Its nice here, 72 degrees in old money (sorry JDR) and sunny