British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Hi,From Newbie! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/hi-newbie-542709/)

mantav8 Jun 12th 2008 7:50 pm

Hi,From Newbie!

Thought I would say hello,just found this great site:thumbup:
Well after over a year of trying we have sold the house and the move to Spain is getting within reach!
My parents went 4 years ago and my Sister and Bro' in law have been there for 2, so I suppose I'm in a lot better position than most when making this BIG decision!-that doesn't mean there won't be any numpty questions tho' LOL!;)

Sam Greenfield Jun 12th 2008 9:16 pm

Re: Hi,From Newbie!

Originally Posted by mantav8 (Post 6461324)
Well after over a year of trying we have sold the house and the move to Spain is getting within reach!
My parents went 4 years ago and my Sister and Bro' in law have been there for 2, so I suppose I'm in a lot better position than most when making this BIG decision!-that doesn't mean there won't be any numpty questions tho' LOL!;)

Hi mantav8 - just wanted to welcome you to BE
Well i wish you loads of luck with your move and people on here are really good at giving advice so ask away
Take care
Love Sam xxx

Katya Jun 12th 2008 9:27 pm

HI There

We are the same too - although our house sold in 3 days ! and we head to spain in 6 weeks ! This forum has been fantastic with providing me with great info /advise !

Take Care
Kat x

linda Coyle Jun 12th 2008 10:26 pm

Hi mantav8, I too have found this site a great help. Unfortunately my house sale fell through. Was sold in 5 days and agreed for 10 weeks - last minute the buyer pulled out!! Our house is ready in Spain, ferry booked for 1st October,if we don't sell soon will have to cancel the ferry, only thing on our side - paperwork not ready in Spain. Good luck with your move. Where are you planning on going in Spain?

Mitzyboy Jun 12th 2008 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by mantav8 (Post 6461324)

Hiya Mantav

Welcome to the forum
Alicante?

mantav8 Jun 14th 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome!-Alicante,Cuidad Quesada to be precise, but you knew that??;)
Well at least I have learnt one thing,I have to sell the van I was moving with because it can't be registered in Spain!:blink:

SueG Jun 14th 2008 7:31 pm

My neck of the woods then - welcome!

mantav8 Jun 14th 2008 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by SueG (Post 6467038)
My neck of the woods then - welcome!

Thanks, hope to be moving to the folks' place at Los Dracos,know it?:)

andyrich666 Jun 14th 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mantav8 (Post 6467105)
Thanks, hope to be moving to the folks' place at Los Dracos,know it?:)

I do. Its very nice there

Dee_dee Jun 14th 2008 9:33 pm

Hi welcome to the forum.

I'm in quesada as well, been here for a few years now, but I've never heard of Los Dracos , whereabouts is it?

andyrich666 Jun 14th 2008 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dee_dee (Post 6467281)
Hi welcome to the forum.

I'm in quesada as well, been here for a few years now, but I've never heard of Los Dracos , whereabouts is it?

on the outskirts over looking the mountains

Dee_dee Jun 14th 2008 9:57 pm

Hmmm, I have a 360 degree view from my casa , over the mountains, the salt lakes and guardemar. My house is the highest point of Quesada.

Is Los Dracos over on the other side in the new builds?

andyrich666 Jun 14th 2008 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dee_dee (Post 6467342)
Hmmm, I have a 360 degree view from my casa , over the mountains, the salt lakes and guardemar. My house is the highest point of Quesada.

Without being there hard for me to say, its where my friend used to be - this is a property in los dracos,

http://www.rojales-finanz.com/suchen...id=73&type=1~2

SueG Jun 15th 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Dee_dee (Post 6467342)

Dee, did you work out where it was? I don't know it.

Dee_dee Jun 15th 2008 8:56 am

Nope Sue, I even googled it lol, but I'm still no wiser. :unsure:

Andy , I found that link as well it seems to be the only one there is to Los Dracos....tell us how to get there from the arches!!:)