Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hi im new.. looking for advice about Torrox/nerja

hi im new.. looking for advice about Torrox/nerja

Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Tracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant future
Default hi im new.. looking for advice about Torrox/nerja

hi i have just joined and looking to find advice on the torrox/nerja area.. i have a 4 year old, come november and confused to when she would start school it says 6 then 5 so would she go in september of 2005 she would be nearly 5 or 2006 when she would be nearly 6.. also is there anyone on here with kids in the state schools in this area.. i have done loads of research and although i have narrowed things down to this area ane decided on state school. i know that is still a large area.. my best advice is to go hang around school gates, but its not really an option right now. and im shy so not sure how effective this would be.. im moving in march and not even sure where to start.. so if i can find the school i want, then look for a rental property in that area.. im terrified and excited and cant wait.. hope someone can help me.. any help at all.. thank you for reading..
Old Aug 17th 2012, 3:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi im new.. looking for advice about Torrox/nerja

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

I will move this directly to the Spanish forum in order that you will gain answers to your questions.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 17th 2012, 3:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracey...
hi i have just joined and looking to find advice on the torrox/nerja area.. i have a 4 year old, come november and confused to when she would start school it says 6 then 5 so would she go in september of 2005 she would be nearly 5 or 2006 when she would be nearly 6.. also is there anyone on here with kids in the state schools in this area.. i have done loads of research and although i have narrowed things down to this area ane decided on state school. i know that is still a large area.. my best advice is to go hang around school gates, but its not really an option right now. and im shy so not sure how effective this would be.. im moving in march and not even sure where to start.. so if i can find the school i want, then look for a rental property in that area.. im terrified and excited and cant wait.. hope someone can help me.. any help at all.. thank you for reading..
are those years right - I know I had a kip this afternoon, but its still 2012 - isn't it
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

hi

what year was she born? do you mean she'll be 4 in November?

so she was born in 2008?

if that's the case she would go into the second year of infant school infantil 4 if she was starting next month at the beginning of teh school year (or indeed any time between now & next summer) - she'd be one of the youngest in the year, because it's worked out on year of birth - so all kids born in 2008 will be in the same school year or curso

obligatory schooling starts at age 6 - but infant school starts at age 3
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
are those years right - I know I had a kip this afternoon, but its still 2012 - isn't it
I've just got in from shopping in the hot sun all day and poured a cold beer .. wondering what is in this stuff when I read the dates as I swear it was 2012 when I left the house this morning
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I've just got in from shopping in the hot sun all day and poured a cold beer .. wondering what is in this stuff when I read the dates as I swear it was 2012 when I left the house this morning
will the OP win a poll for the most confusing post of 2012
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Come on - it's a brand new poster on the forum - give her a break rather than frighten her off as usually happens.

I am sure she will explain the confusion - given the chance.

I sometimes wonder why anyone starts to post on this forum given the typical responses.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Come on - it's a brand new poster on the forum - give her a break rather than frighten her off as usually happens.

I sometimes wonder why anyone starts to post on this forum given the typical responses.
well I understood her

I bet she's using her phone to post
Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:18 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Fred, no malice intended
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Tracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant futureTracey... has a brilliant future

OMG you know how long it took me to write that message..checking and double checking... i cant believe the years i wrote down.. so sorry for confussion... My daughter was born 12.11.08 lol... Yes i demand the award.. certainly deserve it.. x
Old Aug 18th 2012, 12:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Fred - please, calm down
I sat here and read the post 3 times, as I said - I had an afternoon kip and I find this post, I really wondered if I had gone back in time, or the BE computer had regurgitated an old posting for some reason. I even checked againts the members listing to ensure things were kosher before making a "sarcastic" comment - which you know is NOT my normal way.

but now we can see that it was just plain finger trouble then everything is alright, no Mulder and Sculley coming out of the mist, although it is misty here probably due to the 45c temps we are enduring
So....................

to Tracey
I am sure you will get on great here at BE-Spain
All I can say is - what a way to introduce yourself

Now - what was the question ??

kind regards
Old Aug 18th 2012, 12:13 am

OMG you know how long it took me to write that message..checking and double checking... i cant believe the years i wrote down.. so sorry for confussion... My daughter was born 12.11.08 lol... Yes i demand the award.. certainly deserve it.. x

how's that ?
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:54 am
Just Joined

thank you rosemary..
thank you lynnxa for being able to make sense of my question, so to clarify she was born 2008 and will start school in sept 2013 and every child born from january that year will be starting also?
thank you Fred james for your kind support and understanding and back up and lynnxa..
lol.. domino and lionda.. made me laugh
and yes mikelincs i deserve and want the award..
thank you to you all.. i did not even think my post would get read so thanks to all who took the time to read my paragraph.. xxxx
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

thank you rosemary..
thank you lynnxa for being able to make sense of my question, so to clarify she was born 2008 and will start school in sept 2013 and every child born from january that year will be starting also?
thank you Fred james for your kind support and understanding and back up and lynnxa..
lol.. domino and lionda.. made me laugh
and yes mikelincs i deserve and want the award..
thank you to you all.. i did not even think my post would get read so thanks to all who took the time to read my paragraph.. xxxx
when exactly are you planning to come over?

she wouldn't have to start obligatory school until Seprember 2014 - but could start infants as soon as you get here, providing the school has room

yes, you do understand correctly - all the children in her class/year will have been born in 2008
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:33 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

Forgive me but why are you moving here? you always say "I" not we; have you a job? or are you moving to relatives / friends?

There are bells ringing in my (admittedly old) brain that you are perhaps not asking all the right questions

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.