Hi everyone

Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Just Joined

delboy000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone

I am 26 year old deaf guy.

I know this is a spanish thread but there don't seem to be anyone on the Cyprus thread....So here goes.....I have been thinking of moving to Cyprus in paphos for a while......Right now I am working for myself as a window cleaner and would like a new change and I would like very much to set up a bar or buy a bar in paphos, Cyprus near by the beach.

I have been to Cyprus loads of time only in Polis and Paphos on holiday so I know it won't be like a holiday living and working in Paphos.

I have only got 70k to my name to start a new life in Cyprus.

I know the grass is not greener by leaving england and setting up a new life in Cyprus........The local people work long hours in bar & pubs for little money and it not easy working in the heat in the summer....also i also know that Cyprus can get a bit cold in the winter time but not like the winter we have in england.

Do anyone know anyone who move over to Cyprus open up a little bar or in spain.

I do not know where to start or how to go about it.....I got some money that i have save over the last 5 years but do not know the cost of starting up a little bar.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Del
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Hi everyone

Thanks for your help to the 30 odd people who views
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by delboy000
It`probably the Cyprus bit put them off, if you do a search on the forum then bar threads will show up.
A couple have just opened a bar HERE maybe PM them for information.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who moved to Cyprus 18 months ago with early retirement. She is bored out of her brain and wants to move back to the UK. Also the heat is getting to her. It is hot here in Spain but much hotter over there.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

Mmm... Well, we have to look to see what a Hi everyone thread is about. Then, when we don't know anything about it, we go away and leave it to a) someone who knows, or b) one of the wasters who will post any old garbage on here other than an answer to your question.

I'm afraid I have only a little bit of knowledge of Cyprus, so I went away.

Hold tight though. You haven't left it very long. When they all come in from their lunch on the patio you may get some answers.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
It`probably the Cyprus bit put them off, if you do a search on the forum then bar threads will show up.
A couple have just opened a bar HERE maybe PM them for information.
I will do ....Thanks for your help
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I will do ....Thanks for your help
No problem.
You say you are deaf, won`t that make knowing what people are ordering difficult especially if it`s not in English ?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Yes i am deaf but having to been to Cyprus loads of time, I found that every Cyprus people I have met speak english. I would have to learn some Greece too.

I can hear with my hearing aids on and lip read people.

Also I can talk too
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yes i am deaf but having to been to Cyprus loads of time, I found that every Cyprus people I have met speak english. I would have to learn some Greece too.

I can hear with my hearing aids on and lip read people.

Also I can talk too
Good on yer.
Take care when you buy though, there are plenty of banditos about, even expat ones.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Good on yer.
Take care when you buy though, there are plenty of banditos about, even expat ones.

Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:27 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Good on yer.
10 -4 there good body
i see that all over the shop spain and very where , more you ask more you fine out chat to loacls

hot , caliente 35 in Santa pola elche again to day