Reload this Page >

Hi to all in Spain

Hi to all in Spain

Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

thephotographer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi to all in Spain

Hi

Okay I admit it, the temperatures drop in the Uk and we think of Spain and wonder why we did not move there.

Well we didin't because when we were looking a few years back our photography business was expanding. We eventually sunk all our capital into the business and before we knew it lost almost all of it. Not moaning about it because it was our gamble. All the staff got alternative jobs and we now live in a caravan with our two year old daughter and are happier than we have been for ages.

However we have no faith in the motherland any longer. Schools are rough, towns are dangerous at night and trying to do business is awful.

So we are thinking Spain again but is it a case of thinking the grass is greener on the otherside.

Most of our work is portrait photography and we wonder what opportunities we might discover. Any thoughts gratefully received

cheers

stew
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Hi to all in Spain

Hi

So has anyone used the services of a photographer in Spain. We also do events, horse shows etc.

stew
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thephotographer
Hi

So has anyone used the services of a photographer in Spain. We also do events, horse shows etc.

stew
Please read rule 9. ;-)
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:52 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

stew
Hi Stew and welcome to the forum.

I've not had the need of photographic services here, but I think that if you took the plunge and came to Spain, with the proper advertising and networking in the expat communities, you could probably make a go of it.

Also remember that real estate agencies require people with good photographic abilities to market their properties.

Best of luck
Martha
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive noticed a few photographers dotted around
I'm sure theres a big demand for it
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi

To the moderator who quoted rule 9 I wish you had been nice enough to assist me in finding the rules, its taken me ages to find the them

If you notice I have not put a link to my website or done anything that would enable people to contact me to ask me to take any photographs etc. My request is genuine. I am considering a move to Spain and was asking whether I would be able to earn a living there. I am grateful to the other memebrs who have offered me their wisdom otherwise I would think this a very unfriendly place

stew
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:00 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

To the moderator who quoted rule 9 I wish you had been nice enough to assist me in finding the rules, its taken me ages to find the them

If you notice I have not put a link to my website or done anything that would enable people to contact me to ask me to take any photographs etc. My request is genuine. I am considering a move to Spain and was asking whether I would be able to earn a living there. I am grateful to the other memebrs who have offered me their wisdom otherwise I would think this a very unfriendly place

stew
Site rules are at the bottom of every page, also in Faq`s, they are there to help members and mods run one of the best sites on the web.

If you read rule 9, then you know why I steered you to it, as you are allowed to include your website in a signature line, there is also a classifieds forum for all advertising which keeps all the other forums from getting clogged up and people know where to look if they want to sell, rent or buy etc.

Its far from unfriendly it caters for everybody, maybe a browse round the site before posting would of helped.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

stew

The moderators on this forum are very friendly and fair. The rules are straightforward and are there to prevent the forum from being difficult to use. You will find that the vast majority of members are helpful, we enjoy a banter too so do not be surprised if a thread goes off topic, if this happens you may need to bring it back on topic in a friendly uncritical way.

Anyway my take on your idea of moving over here to be a photographer is that it will very much depend on which area you are thinking of settling. Were you looking at areas with a lot of Brits or a very Spanish area? Do you speak Spanish? Do you have other interests or needs which will affect your choice of area?

Good Luck with your research.

Rosemary
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Jdr

[/I]as you are allowed to include your website in a signature line,[/I], thats excellant, for some reason I did not realise you were trying to be helpful. Your fuller explanation makes that clear now I apologise for misunderstanding you.

Whats your opinion on the topic of this thread. I have been struggling with the Spanish language and so could not rely on marketing to the Spaniards. Do you think I could find enough work to support my wife and baby.

Just read your comment Rosemary. You posted whilst I was writing mine and the forum stopped me posting until I read yours, thats a very good feature.

We looked at Spain a few years ago, around the Costas from the Portugese border, along the South coast, around Almeria and then upto Alicante. Not sure where we would want to settle, possibly we would travel a little using the caravan as a base. Do you have any suggestions.

stew
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jdr

[/I]as you are allowed to include your website in a signature line,[/I], thats excellant, for some reason I did not realise you were trying to be helpful. Your fuller explanation makes that clear now I apologise for misunderstanding you.

Whats your opinion on the topic of this thread. I have been struggling with the Spanish language and so could not rely on marketing to the Spaniards. Do you think I could find enough work to support my wife and baby.

Just read your comment Rosemary. You posted whilst I was writing mine and the forum stopped me posting until I read yours, thats a very good feature.

We looked at Spain a few years ago, around the Costas from the Portugese border, along the South coast, around Almeria and then upto Alicante. Not sure where we would want to settle, possibly we would travel a little using the caravan as a base. Do you have any suggestions.

stew
Looks like you will need to focus on areas with a reasonably high population of Brits. The Spanish in areas populated by Brits and other nationalities are also more likely to speak English so would be able to use your services. Some areas of Spain such as Valencia have a separate language (not just a different accent) so probably best to avoid them.

I do not know what it is like to caravan in the Costas but I am sure that others on here will give you info when they come on.

Rosemary
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary

[/I]I do not know what it is like to caravan in the Costas[/I]

Emm, had not considered that yet. When I say caravan its actually a motorcaravan, totally self contained etc. Here in the UK we stay largely at small sites. They are great, you always make some very good friends. This week we met a couple from Scotland.

Maybe I had best start a new thread

stew
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:39 am

Hi Rosemary

Emm, had not considered that yet. When I say caravan its actually a motorcaravan, totally self contained etc. Here in the UK we stay largely at small sites. They are great, you always make some very good friends. This week we met a couple from Scotland.

stew
Before you start a new thread do a search on the forum because caravanning has been covered lots of times and people have given info and provided websites.

Rosemary
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary

stew
Loads of motorcaravans parked on supermarket car parks every night round here, some are from the UK, and... wait for it.... most do NOT have tax discs.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Loads of motorcaravans parked on supermarket car parks every night round here, some are from the UK, and... wait for it.... most do NOT have tax discs.
No I don't believe it - are you sure you are not imagining things!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Most motorhomes cost in excess of £25,000. Even an old tatty transit with a few windows in is going to fetch a few grand. Why would anyone risk having it compounded by not having tax.

We have wildcamped in France and its heaven but we would never stay in one place more than a night and never block anyones view or get in their way, thats just freeloading. Buts its still a big world and there is room for all

stew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.