Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?

Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?

Hey, just push a load of rubble over the side of a mountain and a couple of months later build a supermarket on it.
Attached Thumbnails Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?-07-01-08_1145.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?

Originally Posted by jdr
Hey, just push a load of rubble over the side of a mountain and a couple of months later build a supermarket on it.

Frightens the life out of me jdr, one minute a untouched mountain, next a cut with the spill pushed over the edge then 6 months later a villa and pool hanging on the side for dear life.....sounds like my place !!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:17 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Here today maybe gone tomorrow ?

I went to a clients villa in Elviria on the coast side below Las Chapas, not to far from you jdr.

Outside the villa for the length of the road they were digging a trench, I notice piles of sand, not earth sand.

I looked in the trench and the tarmac was maybe 1-2 inch thick, then sand

And that area is crammed with villa`s, large nice villa.

All probably about to sink soon.

I`m no expert on foundations but building on sand, that does explain wht the orange tree roots are sticking up through the road and causing the paved areas to rise though.