Helping out

Old Sep 8th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

merche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Helping out

Hi Guys
First i wanted to introduce myself My Name is Mercedes and im 27 years old, I have lived in spain now for 11 years since i was 16. I have 2 children one is 7 and the other is 2 months. I live inland in a small village in the province of Malaga and i love it!!! I speak the lingo fluently and have quite a lot of knowledge when it comes to paperwork and the way things are done here in spain as we know its not always easy!!
The reason i am on here is because i help lots of expats here in my surrounding area working as a translator or finding them properties without expensive commissions!! I get very upset sometimes when i see expats being ripped of because trust me it happens more than you think!!

I am on here for if anyone is looking to move or live over here and need advice or help then please message me and i am happy to give details and advice on any topic!!

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon
Take care
mercedes
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helping out

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

You will not be able to receive or send messages yet. Do you manage to make a reasonable living with your translation work as this is a question that many bi-lingual people ask when hoping to move to Spain

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2013, 11:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merche
Hi Guys
First i wanted to introduce myself My Name is Mercedes and im 27 years old, I have lived in spain now for 11 years since i was 16. I have 2 children one is 7 and the other is 2 months. I live inland in a small village in the province of Malaga and i love it!!! I speak the lingo fluently and have quite a lot of knowledge when it comes to paperwork and the way things are done here in spain as we know its not always easy!!
The reason i am on here is because i help lots of expats here in my surrounding area working as a translator or finding them properties without expensive commissions!! I get very upset sometimes when i see expats being ripped of because trust me it happens more than you think!!

I am on here for if anyone is looking to move or live over here and need advice or help then please message me and i am happy to give details and advice on any topic!!

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon
Take care
mercedes
I'm with you on that one!!

so many people just arriving will go to someone who will charge the earth just to help them fill a form in or go with them to get on the padrón or get a NIE/register as resident, when they can do it all themselves even if they don't speak spanish

part of my business is a written translation service & I've now done so many rental contracts that I often won't charge at all now if it's a standard one - & if it's essentially standard with just a couple of differences I will usually only charge for the bits that are different

I don't have time to accompany people anywhere any more , but often help them fill forms in for free, too
Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:02 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure the OP is offering a free service Sounds like an ad' to me!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 1:40 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mercedes,

Welcome to BE. Just to clarify. I assuming you've joined the forum to help out other expats for free (Eg you just want to lend a helping hand as it were) or do you charge for your services?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Hi Sue
its a helping hand!! if anyone has any questions about how to do things or needs advice and i can help then great!!! If people wanted me to sort out paperwork or issues then thats different but if i can advise and they can do it them selves then fantastic!!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are you sure the OP is offering a free service Sounds like an ad' to me!
Jackytoo lots of people just need a nudge in the right direction and having lived here i have a lot of experience. A lot of translating work i do is mainly because people have had no advice in the beginning!! so if i can help people by maybe answering a few questions for them then great!! i wouldnt charge anyone for giving them advice.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:22 am
Just Joined

annabella1507 is an unknown quantity at this point

good mormning ,can you help me .
I need a rental contract for 11 months with the priviso that they will vacate in a month if the apt is sold .
It also need to say that they pay the water and electric ,Thankyou ,Anna goodlad
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:48 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annabella1507
I need a rental contract for 11 months with the priviso that they will vacate in a month if the apt is sold .
It also need to say that they pay the water and electric ,Thankyou ,Anna goodlad
long term - that is, not 'holiday' contracts have to be for 6 or 12 months now - the rules changed in June this year

in all honesty, 11 month contracts have been pretty worthless for a LONG time

here's a link to a 'standard' contract, based upon current regulations

if you want a clause for the tenants to vacate if the apartment is sold, you'd need to add that clause yourself, & as it goes against the actual legislation you'd need a clause stating that the contract overrides legislation

you'd be best getting an abogado to do this for you - & tbh I'd be amazed if any tenant rented a property under those circumstances

http://www.idealista.com/news/archiv...arrendamientos

Last edited by lynnxa; Oct 5th 2013 at 9:07 am.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 8:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annabella1507
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I understood that a landlord could not advertise a property for sale while it was rented. The Spanish contract that was drawn up for my rental stated this and was said to be a standard contract.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 11:31 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I understood that a landlord could not advertise a property for sale while it was rented. The Spanish contract that was drawn up for my rental stated this and was said to be a standard contract.
they can - but the tenant has to be given first refusal & the sale of the property isn't a good enough reason to make the tenant move out under normal circumstances, unless they want to

that's why I said that it would have to be a special clause in the contract, & state that it was overriding the usual tenancy rules