Reload this Page >

Helpful moving tips

Helpful moving tips

Old Aug 6th 2018, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Fun in the sun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Helpful moving tips

Hi All,

We (family of 5) are relocating to Valencia in October. We are looking to rent long term (min 1 year) and are in touch with some local agents.

I wanted to get an idea of how some of you made your move?

I see us having 2 options.

1. We get our NIE number whilst in the UK through the Spanish consulate and when some properties become available after the summer I fly out, open a bank account, view properties and secure one for us to move straight into when we arrive in October.

2. We all fly out in October and stay in a short term (week by week) let. We would then register at the police station and obtain NIE and open a bank account whilst viewing properties as and when they become available.

We have never done this before so any useful tips on how you made your move would be great. Also, please let me know of anything else we may need for our move? We know we need to register with the police station and get an NIE to do anything in Spain. We have also looked into private health care which we will get before we arrive.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 6th 2018, 12:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helpful moving tips

Originally Posted by Fun in the sun
Hi All,

We (family of 5) are relocating to Valencia in October. We are looking to rent long term (min 1 year) and are in touch with some local agents.

1. We get our NIE number whilst in the UK through the Spanish consulate and when some properties become available after the summer I fly out, open a bank account, view properties and secure one for us to move straight into when we arrive in October.

2. We all fly out in October and stay in a short term (week by week) let. We would then register at the police station and obtain NIE and open a bank account whilst viewing properties as and when they become available.

We have never done this before so any useful tips on how you made your move would be great. Also, please let me know of anything else we may need for our move? We know we need to register with the police station and get an NIE to do anything in Spain. We have also looked into private health care which we will get before we arrive.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I was browsing around and your thread caught my eye - you aren't coming to Valbonne after all?
Maybe you should mention your employment situation on the Spain forum - it may be as complicated there as in France and you may need to set up a Spanish business structure in order to work at home in Spain.
Same advice for your children's schooling as for France.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 12:58 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

It might be worth looking into the current requirements for residency given the recent announcement of "free health care for all".
Old Aug 6th 2018, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi DMU, Our situation changed from when I last posted. We welcomed a new addition to our family so relocation was put on the back burner. When things got a bit more settled we re-assessed our situation and found that something kept pulling us back to Spain. We visited Valencia and found that it met all our requirements. During our trip I also managed to secure some work when we move which was a bonus. We have a tenant secured for our property here so need to be out of the UK by mid Oct. In terms of schooling, we've found some great private schools for our children who we are in touch with. We still love Valbonne but felt Valencia offered more in terms of opportunities than France, plus the cost of living is cheaper which all helps considering we have another mouth to feed! We will however still be visiting Valbonne for Holidays
Old Aug 6th 2018, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
It might be worth looking into the current requirements for residency given the recent announcement of "free health care for all".
Had a brief look around... couldn't find anything! As far as i'm aware we need to have medical cover in place and be able to prove we can support ourselves financially.

Am I missing something?
Old Aug 6th 2018, 3:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Had a brief look around... couldn't find anything! As far as i'm aware we need to have medical cover in place and be able to prove we can support ourselves financially.

Am I missing something?
Take a look here;

BOE.es - Documento BOE-A-2018-10752
Old Aug 6th 2018, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Thank you