Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HELP (Yes Again) MP3

HELP (Yes Again) MP3

Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP (Yes Again) MP3

I bought a Creative Muvo V200 off of ebay. It is great but I now need some portable speakers for it and haven´t a clue what I should be getting. I am quite sure someone out there who is far more knowledgeable than I can help.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:10 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP (Yes Again) MP3

Originally Posted by glynis
I bought a Creative Muvo V200 off of ebay. It is great but I now need some portable speakers for it and haven´t a clue what I should be getting. I am quite sure someone out there who is far more knowledgeable than I can help.
It really depends where you want to listen to your music, there is a good choice of small portable speakers especially produced for MP3 players, the output volume of these tends to be quite low. For starters have a look at the Creative Website

We recently bought a small music system which has FM and CD player but also has a USB interface where you can plug your MP3 player into. For our party a couple of weeks ago we downloaded playlists onto our MP3 and then plugged it straight into the music system. The system cost about 80€.

El Corte Ingles in Cadiz has a good collection of speakers including Creative ones. Miro in Chiclana also has some.
Hope this helps not confuses!!

Yvonne
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you have a stereo system you may wish to consider taking the audio output from your MP3 player and plugging in to the auxiliary (line) input of the system.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
El Corte Ingles
OVERPRICED...

why does everyone insist on shopping in these stores ? corte ingles, dunnes.. juses ut´d be cheaper to get a return to london and do a weekly shop in M&S !!!

as for the speakers, if all you want them for is to use the mp3 on the beach then go and buy some 5€ ones from the local looky looky / pound shop.

if you want proper stereo sound do as beachcomeber has mentioned and as i do, buy a cable that plugs it into your stereo.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
OVERPRICED...

why does everyone insist on shopping in these stores ? corte ingles, dunnes.. juses ut´d be cheaper to get a return to london and do a weekly shop in M&S !!!

as for the speakers, if all you want them for is to use the mp3 on the beach then go and buy some 5€ ones from the local looky looky / pound shop.

if you want proper stereo sound do as beachcomeber has mentioned and as i do, buy a cable that plugs it into your stereo.
A weekly shop in M&S - sounds like heaven to me! Yep I only want cheap ones for the garden or the car, but, when I looked on the Creative web site there were so many different types that I didn´t know what would be compatable with the MuVo. I have already wasted 10 euros buying a headset for the computer which won´t plug in - again obviously the wrong one, but, at least I got the MP3 player right. Oh well, not quite, paid 50 pounds sterling (still having probs with the pounds sign) and now Currys are selling brand new ones for 45! But it was more fun my way.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

glynis - all you need to look for are ones that run off the headfone jack and nothing else - if they have batteries in that means they are amplified and will be louder