Help we have to go back To the UK

Help we have to go back To the UK

Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Bailow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help we have to go back To the UK

Hi there,
I am Debbie

It has been nice looking around ur forum and see all the positive threads about returning to the uk....oooh marks and spencer knickers again...

We came to Spain with all the energy and sparkle of the Spanish Dream...and I am so very sad to have to say...we have to go back...we have used up all our savings...my hubbie is 64...my son 16 wanted to finish off his higher education then go to Barcelona Uni...and now we are all in tatters...in heart and in mind...we have no family in the uk.

We have read that you don't get re-housed when voluntary returning to the uk. That the asylem seekers get the help first. Is that right...what is the system back in the uk?
Both me and my hubbie have always worked so this will be the first time asking for support

We are so scared. We are a family of 3 with 3 dogs, we have lived in Spain for 7 yrs. and around last October the American crunch began to hit us. it has taken 6 mths to save a little money just to fly back...but that is where it all starts. I have to stay here till the dogs get their rabies report back...by that time the crate money will have run out because i will have to use it for rent.(thank god we could never buy out her...some of our friends have just handed back the keys to their apartments to the bank)

also my son does not want to return as he says he is Spanglish now...i know he will eventually come round and let go of his anger...whether he will return with us is a different matter.

My husband has booked a flight to the uk on tuesday, which i am glad because he had heart mermmers last week with all the stress...we are being threatened also...but that is another story....in the uk he can stay with a friend for about a week will have very little cash, no family over there, and my business has just about run dry here now...:curse:

I realy need some practical advice...I am thinking of taking my Spanish Belingo back over to the UK ...I will look up other threads about that...it is getting help with a home I am most worried about...

However we are very resourceful and we will get work when we return and turn this all round...there is a reason for this drought in our lives...I just wish I was in my own country while it is happening...and I felt safe....so as i said Can you help...sos it is a little long
Looking forward to your help.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:05 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help we have to go back To the UK

Originally Posted by Bailow
Hi there,
I am Debbie

It has been nice looking around ur forum and see all the positive threads about returning to the uk....oooh marks and spencer knickers again...

We came to Spain with all the energy and sparkle of the Spanish Dream...and I am so very sad to have to say...we have to go back...we have used up all our savings...my hubbie is 64...my son 16 wanted to finish off his higher education then go to Barcelona Uni...and now we are all in tatters...in heart and in mind...we have no family in the uk.

We have read that you don't get re-housed when voluntary returning to the uk. That the asylem seekers get the help first. Is that right...what is the system back in the uk?
Both me and my hubbie have always worked so this will be the first time asking for support

We are so scared. We are a family of 3 with 3 dogs, we have lived in Spain for 7 yrs. and around last October the American crunch began to hit us. it has taken 6 mths to save a little money just to fly back...but that is where it all starts. I have to stay here till the dogs get their rabies report back...by that time the crate money will have run out because i will have to use it for rent.(thank god we could never buy out her...some of our friends have just handed back the keys to their apartments to the bank)

also my son does not want to return as he says he is Spanglish now...i know he will eventually come round and let go of his anger...whether he will return with us is a different matter.

My husband has booked a flight to the uk on tuesday, which i am glad because he had heart mermmers last week with all the stress...we are being threatened also...but that is another story....in the uk he can stay with a friend for about a week will have very little cash, no family over there, and my business has just about run dry here now...:curse:

I realy need some practical advice...I am thinking of taking my Spanish Belingo back over to the UK ...I will look up other threads about that...it is getting help with a home I am most worried about...

However we are very resourceful and we will get work when we return and turn this all round...there is a reason for this drought in our lives...I just wish I was in my own country while it is happening...and I felt safe....so as i said Can you help...sos it is a little long

Oh Debbie - im so sorry for your misfortunes at the moment - you must be so stressed out with all the worry - im really sorry but i dont know much about how the system works here in England as ive been lucky enough to never have need it - surely you will be entitled to some sort of housing as you will be homeless - land yourself on the housing department doorstep with your suitcases they will have to help then - im sure someone will be along soon who can help.
Take care and i hope your gonna be ok
Love and big hugs
Sam xxxxxx

PS - welcome to BE by the way xxx
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is a special forum on this site HERE for people moving back to the UK, people on there will probably know more than people living in Spain.
Would you like me to move it there for you ?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Im sorry i dont have any help i can offer - although i agree with Sam in that you should just appear with suitcases etc as homeless. Ive had a couple of friends who have been made homeless here in the Uk as a result of a marital breakdown and in the end it all works out well ! I wish you all the luck xx

Take Care

Kat x
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

Oh dear, I'm afraid you will not be entitled to housing when you get back. I had friends here who owned a bar, but rented a villa, so had nothing to sell... and had to return to the UK after just 12 months. They have 4 children age ranges from 6 to 16 and when they got back, completely broke (they even had to borrow the air fare) they were told that they couldn't claim social security at all until they'd been back in the UK for a minimum of 6 months, and they were not entitled to any social housing!

They've been back in the UK (leicester area) for a year now. They started off by farming the children out to friends for the first few months, while the parents slept on floor space . They got poorly paid jobs behind bars, and were able to save up the deposit & first months' rent on a real tatty rental which is costing them £700 per month, which tbh is crippling them with 4 kids to feed & clothe, and now after a year back in the UK they're still being told they are at the bottom of the waiting list for social housing, so they're having a fairly grim time of it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to return after such a long time here, and I hope you have better luck than my friends, but please be aware, the UK has changed an awful lot in the last 7 years, so you will have to really do your homework with regard to your work & home situation!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
I am Debbie

I know it is not a nice thought of being without a vehicle but why do you not sell your van - maybe it will be enough for a deposit on a flat. I wish you good luck and happiness on your return to the UK.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

I wish I could offer more than my sympathy.Good luck.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:02 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I was under the impression that you can be put into B and B accomodation.
Good luck and take care
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Oh Debbie - im so sorry for your misfortunes at the moment - you must be so stressed out with all the worry - im really sorry but i dont know much about how the system works here in England as ive been lucky enough to never have need it - surely you will be entitled to some sort of housing as you will be homeless - land yourself on the housing department doorstep with your suitcases they will have to help then - im sure someone will be along soon who can help.
Love and big hugs
Sam xxxxxx

thanks Sam
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dee_dee
Oh dear, I'm afraid you will not be entitled to housing when you get back. I had friends here who owned a bar, but rented a villa, so had nothing to sell... and had to return to the UK after just 12 months. They have 4 children age ranges from 6 to 16 and when they got back, completely broke (they even had to borrow the air fare) they were told that they couldn't claim social security at all until they'd been back in the UK for a minimum of 6 months, and they were not entitled to any social housing!

They've been back in the UK (leicester area) for a year now. They started off by farming the children out to friends for the first few months, while the parents slept on floor space . They got poorly paid jobs behind bars, and were able to save up the deposit & first months' rent on a real tatty rental which is costing them £700 per month, which tbh is crippling them with 4 kids to feed & clothe, and now after a year back in the UK they're still being told they are at the bottom of the waiting list for social housing, so they're having a fairly grim time of it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to return after such a long time here, and I hope you have better luck than my friends, but please be aware, the UK has changed an awful lot in the last 7 years, so you will have to really do your homework with regard to your work & home situation!!
Thank you...that is what i needed to hear..dissmle as it is...that is what i thought would happen...I knew we needed to be careful...blumming nuisance when you hear of asylem seekers getting in...I believe they should to a point...if they work like we have when we first came to Spain.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 5:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

No immigrant should be let in who can't support themselves.

Good luck with the return. I'm really sorry to hear it's been forced on you like this.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by george43
I wish I could offer more than my sympathy.Good luck.
Thanks...Thats great as it stands...i believe in collective energy...can move mountains...hope not the one I live on

Originally Posted by jdr
There is a special forum on this site HERE for people moving back to the UK, people on there will probably know more than people living in Spain.
Would you like me to move it there for you ?
Sounds like a good idea...and i don't want to put people off moving here it can be fantastic here...

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Love and big hugs
Sam xxxxxx

Again many thanks and thank you to the welcome to BE

Originally Posted by battlezone123
I know it is not a nice thought of being without a vehicle but why do you not sell your van - maybe it will be enough for a deposit on a flat. I wish you good luck and happiness on your return to the UK.
It is on lease and so we are going to keep paying for it over in the uk thanks
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

mandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nice

We were in the same boat 7 years ago. Returned back from Spain but managed to get jobs straight away and registered with all the Housing Associations and managed to get an affordable rented house. If you go to Citizens Advice Bureau they will give you a list of them. The good news is we managed to get back on the property ladder 2 years later (it's been a struggle having a large mortgage over a short period of time) so it's not all dismal. At least you tried something different and experienced new culture. We are now thinking of emigrating to Canada which we have visited a couple of times and are researching jobs at the moment. Spain is OK if you have a property and a decent pension or loads of money but I found that working there was very poor wages and you could not make a living. Good luck for the future and take one step at a time.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...Thats great as it stands...i believe in collective energy...can move mountains...hope not the one I live on

Sounds like a good idea...and i don't want to put people off moving here it can be fantastic here...

Again many thanks and thank you to the welcome to BE

It is on lease and so we are going to keep paying for it over in the uk thanks
You better check if you can take it to the UK if it is on a Spanish lease.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You better check if you can take it to the UK if it is on a Spanish lease.
Its certainly unlikely that you can register it to British plates as you wont hold the ownership documents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.