Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with Translation please

Help with Translation please

Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Help with Translation please

Can anyone tell me what the term que nadie means at the end of a sentence have looked up in the dictionary but still cant make sense of it .
You see all this time (years) struggle to learn the language I find it so very hard. it must be my short term memory has failed to switch on.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Translation please

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Can anyone tell me what the term que nadie means at the end of a sentence have looked up in the dictionary but still cant make sense of it .
You see all this time (years) struggle to learn the language I find it so very hard. it must be my short term memory has failed to switch on.
que nadie = than anyone/nobody e.g. "más que nadie" = more than anyone

What it means in your sentence depends on the rest of the sentence
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Thanks I think you have answered what i required , thanks so grateful
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
que nadie = than anyone/nobody e.g. "más que nadie" = more than anyone

What it means in your sentence depends on the rest of the sentence
I received a bouquet of flowers from my neighbours a few years ago and misread one of their names on the card. Could not understand why she kept on giving me funny looks when I said Nadie, but then realised that her name was Natie so started to emphasize the T so that she would think that previously it had been my unclear speech.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know it is so easy to put your pie in it.