Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help Telefonica

Help Telefonica

Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Telefonica

I would like to send a letter to Telefonica regarding charging for items on my Telephone bill that I did not request.
Anyone know the address of the Billing Dept for the Spanish Telefonica.
Tried to ring but you do need to know Spanish in order to communicate properly.
Advice required Thanking You.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Telefonica

Originally Posted by BigD
I would like to send a letter to Telefonica regarding charging for items on my Telephone bill that I did not request.
Phone free on 1004, wait for the operator, and ask "hable Inglese por favor" you will then get an English speaking operator answer.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

When calling 1004 as JDR suggested make sure you get a complaint number for your case so that you can refer to it when asking again if things are not sorted out satisfactorily
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Phone free on 1004, wait for the operator, and ask "habla Ingles por favor" you will then get an English speaking operator answer.
Actually all you need ever to say is "Ingles". I´ve even got through just saying "English" but you have to be feeling VERY annoyed with them to be that rude.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:14 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful - you may find that in your contract they state that these services will be provided unless you state otherwise, in which case you won´t get any joy from them. (Like caller ID, or the answering service).

I find the easiest way to deal with Telefonica is to leave them and go elsewhere.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

... but caller ID and the answering service are free!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:38 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
... but caller ID and the answering service are free!
Are you sure? On my bill it says "Telefono con mantenimiento integral y servicios - 8.69 euros". In the small print it goes on to say that this is for answer service, caller ID, call waiting, etc.

I suspect your bill is the same. Have you got that telephone called DOMO that they give you for "free" when you contract their services? If you have they are charging you about 9 euros a month to "rent" it and all the associated services.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

On my bill its :

ADSL 24 hrs / Liamadas Nacionales 39.90

Linea Individual 13.70

Telefono con mantenimiento integral y sevicios 4.68

Identificacion de Liamadas en serv.contestador 0.60

tarifa mini Europa 3.00 ( I pay 3 € a month for extra cheap calls to UK ) UK land line, 14.5 mins for 88 cents, UK mobile 17.25 mins for 6.20€.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I contracted solely for the line and bought ny own telephone. My itemised bill shows:

Duo ADSL 24H + Llamadas Nacionales €40,90 (because I have 3mbps)
Cuotas (Linea individual) €13,70
Consumos €15,40 (with all national calls credited) I pay only for calls to 902 numbers.

I don't pay for caller ID, the answering service or any internal maintenance.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 11:41 am
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I contracted solely for the line and bought ny own telephone. My itemised bill shows:

Duo ADSL 24H + Llamadas Nacionales €40,90 (because I have 3mbps)
Cuotas (Linea individual) €13,70
Consumos €15,40 (with all national calls credited) I pay only for calls to 902 numbers.

I don't pay for caller ID, the answering service or any internal maintenance.
Yes, that would be correct. It is when they give you their "free" telephone (which sounds great at the time) that they then charge you monthly for it and all the other services as well that you never asked for.

It´s best to buy your own phone from the outset.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

E mail [email protected], in English, I find that they do eply, and they will sort any problems out. I've always had excellent service from them.