Help Please

Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Help Please

Anybody know what is the legal position in Spain when using a ultra sonic "Bark Stop" to deter the neighbours dogs constant barking when they are out most of the day.

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: Help Please

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Anybody know what is the legal position in Spain when using a ultra sonic "Bark Stop" to deter the neighbours dogs constant barking when they are out most of the day.

Thanks
Who's going to know?

And where do you get them, out of interest?
Old Nov 6th 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
Hello mitzipurr,

I think you can use these Ulta sronic devices any time you require them, if its your neighbours dogs I would have no problem in using it at anytime day or night as the Neighbours would never hear it going off anyway as the dogs would be barking. Go for it and use it anyway.

May get a good days rest from barking mad dogs.

David SR.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coralsoft
Who's going to know?

And where do you get them, out of interest?

He has already seen it!

I got mine off ebay UK. Just type in bark detterent in ebay search bar. Mines a Viatek Professional. If you want any more info just ask.

Mitzipurr
Old Nov 6th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello mitzipurr,

I think you can use these Ulta sronic devices any time you require them, if its your neighbours dogs I would have no problem in using it at anytime day or night as the Neighbours would never hear it going off anyway as the dogs would be barking. Go for it and use it anyway.

May get a good days rest from barking mad dogs.

David SR.

Hi

Thanks for that its what I thought. However I would like to know if possible what is the legal position regarding the use of these things in Spain. The neighbour has threatened to denounce me to the enviromental health if I continue using this and upsetting his dogs! woof woof
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Thanks for that its what I thought. However I would like to know if possible what is the legal position regarding the use of these things in Spain. The neighbour has threatened to denounce me to the enviromental health if I continue using this and upsetting his dogs! woof woof
What Is A Denuncia?

When I first moved to Spain I heard people talk about a "Denuncia" and this got me to wonder what is a "Denuncia"? Well I have found out and I shall pass on what I discovered. The Spanish word really means only "To Report" or "To Declare" in other words, it is a police report. If you have property stolen you will report the matter to the Guardia Civil.

If your neighbor threatens to "Denounce" you it only means to report you - you are not going to be put into the stocks and stoned in the Gran Via, well not nowadays. You can make a "Denuncia" at the local Guardia Civil police station. If you can't speak Spanish it would be wise to have a interpreter with you. You can also telephone the police on 092-102-112 and ask them to help you do this in English. You will need to give the details slowly and carefully and then you will be given a reference number for you to take to your nearest police station within 48 hours, where you will be asked to sign the statement. (the above information was taken from my newsletter on line [urlwww.vinaloponews.co.nr[/url)

THIS WORKS BOTH WAYS SO YOU CAN DENOUNCE HIM TO THE ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH FOR NOISE POLLUTION, LACK OF SLEEP, ETC.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countryboy
What Is A Denuncia?

When I first moved to Spain I heard people talk about a "Denuncia" and this got me to wonder what is a "Denuncia"? Well I have found out and I shall pass on what I discovered. The Spanish word really means only "To Report" or "To Declare" in other words, it is a police report. If you have property stolen you will report the matter to the Guardia Civil.

If your neighbor threatens to "Denounce" you it only means to report you - you are not going to be put into the stocks and stoned in the Gran Via, well not nowadays. You can make a "Denuncia" at the local Guardia Civil police station. If you can't speak Spanish it would be wise to have a interpreter with you. You can also telephone the police on 092-102-112 and ask them to help you do this in English. You will need to give the details slowly and carefully and then you will be given a reference number for you to take to your nearest police station within 48 hours, where you will be asked to sign the statement. (the above information was taken from my newsletter on line [urlwww.vinaloponews.co.nr[/url)

THIS WORKS BOTH WAYS SO YOU CAN DENOUNCE HIM TO THE ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH FOR NOISE POLLUTION, LACK OF SLEEP, ETC.

Hi Thanks for that information. I hope It does not come to that and I have to go down that road. He is Spanish and I am English so we know who is going to win that one dont we

With regards to the legal position re using it in Spain. My lawyer says that if it has got CE on the package or unit then its ok to use in Spain. Mine has these letters on the box so I guess nobody can stop you using it. Anybobdy know anything different please post.

For all those interested
I am pleased to report that I have had the most peacefull 3 days here for weeks since installing this in my grounds. It would appear to really work ,woof woof

Last edited by mitzipurr; Nov 8th 2005 at 2:50 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Hi

Why does it upset his dogs? And if he is out most of the time, how does he know it upsets his dogs? Surely his dogs are barking all day cos they are upset already cos he's not there and they are probably lonely, bored etc. I don't see how your device can be making them more upset than they already are.

I'd carry on using it if I were you, barking dogs can drive you demented. And what would the authorities do about it anyway, Mitzipurr. You have plenty of experience of spanish authorities sitting on the fence and doing nothing in the face of things being very wrong, I can't imagine any of the authorities being that concerned that you may have upset someone's dog. I agree with countryboy, you've got far more reason to denouce HIM to the environmental health people than he has to denounce you...
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cindyp
Why does it upset his dogs? And if he is out most of the time, how does he know it upsets his dogs? Surely his dogs are barking all day cos they are upset already cos he's not there and they are probably lonely, bored etc. I don't see how your device can be making them more upset than they already are.

I'd carry on using it if I were you, barking dogs can drive you demented. And what would the authorities do about it anyway, Mitzipurr. You have plenty of experience of spanish authorities sitting on the fence and doing nothing in the face of things being very wrong, I can't imagine any of the authorities being that concerned that you may have upset someone's dog. I agree with countryboy, you've got far more reason to denouce HIM to the environmental health people than he has to denounce you...

Hi

You have hit the nail on the head re upsetting his dogs. I am continuing using and it is a h--l of a lot more peacefull than it has been for weeks. Anybody with a similair problem get one!

Regarding my experince of Spanish authorities sitting on the fence. All I can say at this time is that the s--t is about to hit the fan. Hopefully I will be resurrecting shortly a old posting of mine. So has the saying goes "watch this space"!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:04 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Never heard of these !! Had a problem with a neighbour's dog here in England that used to go mad about the foxes on unused land at the rear of the house and would have bought one had I known about their existence. Are they silent, ie a high sound inaudible to the human ear but audible to a dog?? And would the neighbour's dog still bark if a burglar intruded??
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Hi

You have hit the nail on the head re upsetting his dogs. I am continuing using and it is a h--l of a lot more peacefull than it has been for weeks. Anybody with a similair problem get one!

Regarding my experince of Spanish authorities sitting on the fence. All I can say at this time is that the s--t is about to hit the fan. Hopefully I will be resurrecting shortly a old posting of mine. So has the saying goes "watch this space"!!
I will be watching the space with interest, hope you get good news. Fingers and everything else crossed!

Cindy
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=poollounger]Never heard of these !! Had a problem with a neighbour's dog here in England that used to go mad about the foxes on unused land at the rear of the house and would have bought one had I known about their existence. Are they silent, ie a high sound inaudible to the human ear but audible to a dog?? And would the neighbour's dog still bark if a burglar intruded??[/QUOT

Hi One of these would have sorted your problem out in the UK at a breath providing the dog was not deaf! You can have it set to silent or audible. Yes the dog does still bark even with it on whenever anybody comes to his gate.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cindyp
I will be watching the space with interest, hope you get good news. Fingers and everything else crossed!

Cindy
Hi Cindy

Thanks for your good wishes. I will keep you informed how it is progressing.

Mitzipurr