Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help needed re private health.

Help needed re private health.

Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help needed re private health.

Sorting our E106 is still fruitless.

Trying to get private health cover but we dont want to be locked into 12month contracts etc.

Proving a real headache at the mo.

I know this topic has been on before but please give some good advice.

Flapping now, more than ever and the packing is doing my head in.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed re private health.

To make it clearer what health cover can we have before we register working there.

The E111 wont apply and we dont have the E106.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Sorting our E106 is still fruitless.

Trying to get private health cover but we dont want to be locked into 12month contracts etc.

Proving a real headache at the mo.

I know this topic has been on before but please give some good advice.

Flapping now, more than ever and the packing is doing my head in.
Locked in?? I've never heard of a policy that locks you in before!! Definitely don't do that!

Most people recommend the various health insurance companies and then you have to look for the clinics that operate with that company.

I'd recommend doing it the other way around. I used to find that I had to drive straight past the 5* swanky all singing, all dancing health clinic to get to a run of the mill one because that is the one that my particular insurance company worked with.

So one day I went into the swanky clinic (which was much nearer my house) and asked them for a list of the insurance companies with which they have an agreement and then I switched to one of those.

You'll also find that certain insurance companies are much stronger in some areas than others so you will want one with a good level of clout in the area you are movng to.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Veleta
Locked in?? I've never heard of a policy that locks you in before!! Definitely don't do that!

Most people recommend the various health insurance companies and then you have to look for the clinics that operate with that company.

I'd recommend doing it the other way around. I used to find that I had to drive straight past the 5* swanky all singing, all dancing health clinic to get to a run of the mill one because that is the one that my particular insurance company worked with.

So one day I went into the swanky clinic (which was much nearer my house) and asked them for a list of the insurance companies with which they have an agreement and then I switched to one of those.

You'll also find that certain insurance companies are much stronger in some areas than others so you will want one with a good level of clout in the area you are movng to.
Thanks.

That makes lots of sense.

Doing things this end is impossible really and I think to do what youve suggested is much better.

Can you pay flexible premiums ie over different shorter periods of time under a year.

We would however have to be a little while without health cover until we sort the private issue.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Thanks.

That makes lots of sense.

Doing things this end is impossible really and I think to do what youve suggested is much better.

Can you pay flexible premiums ie over different shorter periods of time under a year.

We would however have to be a little while without health cover until we sort the private issue.
I am paying monthly and can opt out any time.

It's quick and painless to set up your health cover when you are here - you wouldn't be long without it long.

Like you I didn't have any of these Enumber forms (I don't even know what they are) when I came over to Spain. But in less that a week I had taken myself down to one of their sales offices and I was covered.

If it's any help the "biggies" seem to be Sanitas, Asisa or DKV. But like I said before, I'd check how influencial they are in your area and also check that they have an agreement with the doctor/clinic where you wish to be treated. You'd be really pissed off if you have to drive straight past loads of really good clinics just to get to the "right" clinic like I was doing for a while.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A short term policy is pretty worthless as they usually won't pay out for certain items in the first 6 months on the basis that they were pre-existing so aren't covered anyway.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Veleta
I am paying monthly and can opt out any time.

It's quick and painless to set up your health cover when you are here - you wouldn't be long without it long.

Like you I didn't have any of these Enumber forms (I don't even know what they are) when I came over to Spain. But in less that a week I had taken myself down to one of their sales offices and I was covered.

If it's any help the "biggies" seem to be Sanitas, Asisa or DKV. But like I said before, I'd check how influencial they are in your area and also check that they have an agreement with the doctor/clinic where you wish to be treated. You'd be really pissed off if you have to drive straight past loads of really good clinics just to get to the "right" clinic like I was doing for a while.
Thanks again.

I think well do this.

whinny whinny.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:23 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

You could make it easier for yourself by using a broker, Knights Insurance Brokers have offices all over the Costa Blanca and the Costa del Sol, and deal with all insurances including health, car, house, life etc. They've been around for years.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by HBG
You could make it easier for yourself by using a broker, Knights Insurance Brokers have offices all over the Costa Blanca and the Costa del Sol, and deal with all insurances including health, car, house, life etc. They've been around for years.
thanks for that, i will check them out
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

The main private clinic that alot of people with private health care are referred to is located in Alicante, about 25 mins from Aspe. The website is www.hospitalmedimar.com. On that site is a list of insurance companies that use that clinic.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

look at the website for adeslas which is in english as well. Quite a big range of cover and some of the lowest premiums. Pay monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or annually.