Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help needed in arranging to see schools

help needed in arranging to see schools

Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

tania26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help needed in arranging to see schools

hi everyone, if you remember me from my not so recent threads thats great.... if you don't heres a quick outline, my family and i are moving to alicante [exact location not determined] in feb...... feb 22nd to be exact, we are going over in october to hopefully decide our exact location..... the one bit i'm most stressed about is the schools... my boys are 2 and 3 and i'm eager to get them into nursery asap...

my question: how do we go about looking at schools, whats the procedure?
can anyone suggest any in the areas . santa pollo, aspe, elche? i'd like to arrange some viewings as schooling is my main priority...

look forward to your reply x
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed in arranging to see schools

Originally Posted by tania26
hi everyone, if you remember me from my not so recent threads thats great.... if you don't heres a quick outline, my family and i are moving to alicante [exact location not determined] in feb...... feb 22nd to be exact, we are going over in october to hopefully decide our exact location..... the one bit i'm most stressed about is the schools... my boys are 2 and 3 and i'm eager to get them into nursery asap...

can anyone suggest any in the areas . santa pollo, aspe, elche? i'd like to arrange some viewings as schooling is my main priority...

Nursery schools are private anyway, so just go in and ask if they have places.
The three year old can start state school though, or go to nursery for a couple more years.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed in arranging to see schools

Originally Posted by tania26

In this area there is a notice board outside the (state) schools telling you when you can see the secretary, head etc.

You can just go in at that time & ask for a chat & a look around, you might get a look around there & then or you might be given an appointment

All schools can be contacted by e-mail.

As jdr says, if you are looking at private 'nursery schools' for them both, as opposed to state 'infantil' (which in many areas starts at 2.5 years) then it's still just a case of contacting them individually