Reload this Page >

Help-moving to Spain

Help-moving to Spain

Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

AgusDevon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help-moving to Spain

Hi,
I have to first apologize as i am not really an ex-pat but a Spanish myself who has lived for 7 years in the UK.
We are moving from Exeter to Bilbao at the end of November and we are trying to find out if perhaps we can find an imaginative (cheaper but still safe) way to move some of our stuff from Exeter To Northern Spain.
Perhaps there is someone out there that may be doing the trip from the UK to Spain empty handed? Maybe we could share the costs of their trip?
We will probably require no more than 8 m3 (cubic meters) mostly in boxes + 4 chairs with unassembled dinning table+2 bikes and maybe some fragile stuff (e.g. paintings and a few plants if possible).
Should anyone be able to offer help we would greatly appreciate it.
Best regards,
Agustin
(Email removed)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 5th 2008 at 8:39 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help-moving to Spain

Hi and welcome

Have you looked at the one way van hire links in the "free beer" sticky above?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:56 am
Just Joined

AgusDevon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,
thank you for the tip.

Yes, I have seen at least 3 companies offering one-way van hire. At the moment this is not my preffered option as their depots in Spain seem to always be around Alicante or Malaga (far from Bilbao).

Regards,
Agustin
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:58 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

May be, if you have a tow bar fitted to the car, to purchase a trailer and bring your items yourself. Moving to Northern Spain is usually too far out on a limb for most removal companies. An alternative is to look for companies that do removals to Portugal as they seem to pass the Northern part of Spain with more frequency.