HELP!! Moving to Costa Blanca

HELP!! Moving to Costa Blanca

Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:05 am
Just Joined

SAZZLE1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face HELP!! Moving to Costa Blanca

Hello all
I am new.
I am planning on moving to the CB in Jan 08 with Hubby (who works away from home a lot) and 2 kids aged 11 + 2.
I speak no spanish YET and I am am obviously worried about getting lonely when we move with hubby working offshore.
SO I am looking for help on choosing Areas to look at.
Was first looking at Mar Menor/Calida Area. THen was told that might be too quiet if I am looking to make friends etc and told to look at Cabo Roig/Flamenco/Zenia. But all I can read on forums is about making sure you barracade up your house because you will get robbed!! I mean that is enought to scare the living daylights out of me, but then these areas seem to have so much going for them.
I dont want to have to drive for miles to get places, need an international school for my eldest, and want somewhere with plenty to do.

I would so Gratefull take info from ANYone who has experiences or opions to share. Planning to go out in October for a look around but I can't decide where to start!
please Help

Sarah
ps would love to hear from other people in my situation.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!! Moving to Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by SAZZLE1977
Hello all
I am new.
I am planning on moving to the CB in Jan 08 with Hubby (who works away from home a lot) and 2 kids aged 11 + 2.
I speak no spanish YET and I am am obviously worried about getting lonely when we move with hubby working offshore.
SO I am looking for help on choosing Areas to look at.
Was first looking at Mar Menor/Calida Area. THen was told that might be too quiet if I am looking to make friends etc and told to look at Cabo Roig/Flamenco/Zenia. But all I can read on forums is about making sure you barracade up your house because you will get robbed!! I mean that is enought to scare the living daylights out of me, but then these areas seem to have so much going for them.
I dont want to have to drive for miles to get places, need an international school for my eldest, and want somewhere with plenty to do.

I would so Gratefull take info from ANYone who has experiences or opions to share. Planning to go out in October for a look around but I can't decide where to start!
please Help

Sarah
ps would love to hear from other people in my situation.
HI

How old are you ?

I am planning to move to a similar area Murcia region in a couple to 3 months, I have heard about being robbed but its no different where I live (UK) and I know people in Torre and Villamartin who have been robbed but I believe that was down to poor security and not being around more than anything, i.e Tourists moving without common sense.

I know people in Quesada and they have never been robbed or even know people who have. Id say with common sense its safer than here.

im 29 BTW, andy
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:29 am
Just Joined

SAZZLE1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: HELP!! Moving to Costa Blanca

i am 30. I know what you are saying..but you kind of want to try and get away from it a bit with moving abroad but I suppose you right, maybe no matter where you go.
i am so confused, I just have no idea what on earth I am doing.
I realise everyone has different needs and reasons for going there so what one person will like, another will hate. I know after reading holiday review sites in the past! ha ha
I just want someone to guide me a bit
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I can Guide you when I get there maybe

Are you going to buy a place or renting, Im going to be renting, I rent now so just Hoping I can get much better for the money. I missed the Property ladder, well not missed it but the chance has gone now. I have a place I can buy here maybe and rent out but at the moment its a lot of hassle. I dont have the family like you though so I can afford to come to Spain and take a big risk in starting up there and maybe losing everything and coming back to this hole im trying to crawl out of.

Wih a Family It wouldnt be the same, or you would have to have some bottle to do it.

This is definatley the right forum though, others here will help a lot
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sazzle

Welcome to the forum

I don't think you'll read on here about people barricading their homes ...... sure there is crime over here but there again theres crime everywhere.

Personally I've not seen much crime in our area since we got here, but I'm sure it happens ... what I'm trying to say is don't let this be the thing that puts you off coming. There are plenty of other important things to consider and I'd concentrate on those first

Ask away, theres plenty of people to help here who have already been through the process
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

What do you mean by "international school"?. State schools teach in valenciano (in north costa blanca) or spanish but with many different nationalities attending. Private, fee paying schools, teach in different languages ie English, French or Spanish etc All must teach Spanish and Valenciano as a second language. Some work towards gcse or IGCSE and Alevel or Bacalaureate
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by searcher48
What do you mean by "international school"?. State schools teach in valenciano (in north costa blanca) or spanish but with many different nationalities attending. Private, fee paying schools, teach in different languages ie English, French or Spanish etc All must teach Spanish and Valenciano as a second language. Some work towards gcse or IGCSE and Alevel or Bacalaureate
most of the 'foreign' schools around here call themselves 'international' in order to attract all nationalities, although most teach mainly in English with the English curriculum

from experience, the actual amount of spanish & valenciano taught in these (english) schools is little, fulfilling legal requirements only (at primary level in any case)