Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help me if you know anythink about oliva in spain!!!

help me if you know anythink about oliva in spain!!!

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

bexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nice
Default help me if you know anythink about oliva in spain!!!

hi everyone im new and would just like to say hi, i am trying to find out if ther is any primary schools in oliva? if anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated, or if u can tell me how i could find out?? thank u xx

Last edited by bexstaspain; Feb 23rd 2011 at 10:19 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help me if you know anythink about oliva in spain!!!

Originally Posted by bexstaspain
hi everyone im new and would just like to say hi, i am trying to find out if ther is any primary schools in oliva? if anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated, or if u can tell me how i could find out?? thank u xx
first of all do you mean this one http://olivafrontera.com/

or this one near me? http://www.pueblos-espana.org/comuni...alencia/oliva/

& for all I know there could be others........
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I presume by your other posts you mean Oliva, Northern Costa Blanca

Yes, there are primary schools here

Have you been to the Town Websiite HERE. Go to services guide, then schools, and you have a list with telephone numbers

We are a few kms outside Oliva but it is out local town
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I presume by your other posts you mean Oliva, Northern Costa Blanca

Yes, there are primary schools here

Have you been to the Town Websiite HERE. Go to services guide, then schools, and you have a list with telephone numbers

We are a few kms outside Oliva but it is out local town
oops - didn't see the other posts

I thought I replied to this one last night, but couldn't see it this morning
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:51 am
Just Joined

bexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nice

yay thanks to everyone who has helped i am now going to check out the links you have given me xxxx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:08 am
Just Joined

can anyone please tell me the name of the primary schools, as im rubish with a computer, we are looking in oliva town in costa blanca valencia? thank you all the information is being GREATFULLY RECIVED thank you all again for your time xx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:17 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

can anyone please tell me the name of the primary schools, as im rubish with a computer, we are looking in oliva town in costa blanca valencia? thank you all the information is being GREATFULLY RECIVED thank you all again for your time xx
Well .... I know where they are, but not the names of them unfortunately. I'd need to look when I go down there next

Your daughter is 4 I believe ...... whereabouts in Oliva are you going to live so I know the right school area
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:26 am
Just Joined

hi mitzyboy thank you so much for your help, we are looking at the town center i have a car so can travel so any help would be great, we are moving within the next 18 months, my daughter is 4, but will be 5, i have not yet been to oliva but i should be going out soon, i would live to put her in a state school and spanish if possible, thank you for taking the time to help me it is really appreciated xx xx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:55 am
Senior Moment

hi mitzyboy thank you so much for your help, we are looking at the town center i have a car so can travel so any help would be great, we are moving within the next 18 months, my daughter is 4, but will be 5, i have not yet been to oliva but i should be going out soon, i would live to put her in a state school and spanish if possible, thank you for taking the time to help me it is really appreciated xx xx
Errr ... OK. I really suggest you come here before you decide on the town centre. Oliva is split into three parts. The old town, the new town, and the playa. The majority of the shops and schools are certainly in the centre, but it can be quite a noisy place at night. The beach area is quite pleasant and there are blue flag beaches around. Theres a lot of property back from the beach area. The old town .. well, its a white town with narrow streets, but that leads to a lack of parking. Theres a fair amount of fiestas in Oliva ... and they go on fairly late. There are some new builds at the South end of town, which are a little more out of the noise :-)
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What has made you choose Oliva if you have never been there?

Rosemary
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a village 1 mile from Oliva towards Gandia and we are about 1 mile from a beautiful beach. In the village we have an infants school more of a nursery really that has just been built, there is also an infants school for children up to age of 11 and then they go to Oliva or perhaps Bellerequard which again is near Oliva. My Spanish neighbours have children that go to that school. Our population is about 2600 at the last count and the village boasts its own sports ground and swimming pool and there is a newly built park with childrens play area and an open air theatre. There is also a thriving Casa Cultura (like a community centre) with a 3- 400 seat theatre in which the local school puts on its dance exhibitions and plays etc. There is property for sale here as everywhere in Spain and is really a buyers market at the moment. Most rental property comes furnished

There is also a convenient bus service to Oliva and also to Gandia the nearest large town. Personally I would not want to live in Oliva but we use it for shopping as it has an abundance of supermarkets. It boasts a wide Paseo for and evening stroll with many bars and coffed stops. There is also a Friday market held there. Oliva old town as Mitzyboy says has very narrow streets and parking is practically non existant. The new part of the town is mainly apartment blocks and Oliva town is about two miles from a splendid beach.

We like Oliva for its conveniences, shops, bars, restaurants, drycleaners etc. in fact everything you need that is not in our village although we do have about 10 bars!! and five banks!!

I would suggest you cast your net a little further afield as Oliva can be noisey especially with the many fiestas and fireworks they have.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Try the town hall web site: www.oliva.es
If you use google chrome as your search engine you can get a reasonable translation (that technology always amazes me )

I think a couple of brand new schools have been opened this year.

I have place in the town and love it as it is a working town that remains pretty busy all year.
If you want something quieter the smaller towns between Oliva and Gandia may suit you or perhaps a development on the edge of town to the south.

You really should visit before you decide where to live

Good Luck
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

thank you micheal and jonny for your comments they are really giving me an insite, and im taking everything you say to what i do next. my mother and i will be visiting oliva at the end of the year to see what we think, we have done alot of reserch on oliva and it sounds like our sort of town, we will explore the towns close buy aswell, we decided on oliva as it looks beautiful, we are a lively family and would love to see and join in with new things, and really take on the spanish culture. my daughter already speaks a little bit of spanish( as my brother lives in gran canaria) and she is 4yrs old, she loves dancing and im sure she will fit in fine, (she is a chatterbox) i really appreciate the comments you have left, and will take everything that you have told me into great consideration, your making me feel even better about the place (if thats possible) knowing there is lovely people (like you all) that are willing to help, thanks again for your time guys and cant wait to come and see what the beautiful town is like xxx everything goes to plan xxx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

as you were saying aswell if you could, can you please tell me some of the other towns and villages that are very close to oliva town and how far they are to the town? thank you for all your help and i hope im not bugging you xx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:02 pm
Senior Moment

as you were saying aswell if you could, can you please tell me some of the other towns and villages that are very close to oliva town and how far they are to the town? thank you for all your help and i hope im not bugging you xx
When you are here go and look around La Font D'en Carros, and maybe pop up to the area that overlooks Oliva on the hill, Tossal Gros. Next to Oliva is Piles to the North, Bellreguard, Daimus. To the South are El Verger & Ondara. Slightly inland is Pego. Google them, you may find some info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.