Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with long term rental

Help with long term rental

Old Sep 9th 2014, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Dove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to behold
Default Help with long term rental

Hi
Myself and my husband are on the verge of hopefully signing contracts on house sale in next couple of wks.
We are looking for long term rental for about 6 / 12 months within the region of Valencia. As this would be the area we would like to buy when ready.
Would look at other areas if price was right? Possibly a villa or country home?
Any help in the right direction would be so much appreciated. As so many estate agents online.
Thank you
Julie
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with long term rental

Sorry this is not helpful to your question.

But why would you want to leave one of the worlds best locations?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dove holes
Hi
Myself and my husband are on the verge of hopefully signing contracts on house sale in next couple of wks.
We are looking for long term rental for about 6 / 12 months within the region of Valencia. As this would be the area we would like to buy when ready.
Any help in the right direction would be so much appreciated. As so many estate agents online.
Thank you
Julie
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Dove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to beholdDove holes is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Sorry this is not helpful to your question.

But why would you want to leave one of the worlds best locations?
You're quite right, that isn't helpful at all.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Many thanks Rosemary, looking forward to starting on a new adventure.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 8:39 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

May I suggest you should give a little more information, as to your requirements, so that forum members can give meaningful advice.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I've asked if anyone could recommend an estate agent for the Valencia region for long term rentals ? And also said we would be looking for a villa / country house?
Is there anymore information I could of asked at this point of time?
As this is my first time on the forum your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Julie
Old Sep 12th 2014, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I've asked if anyone could recommend an estate agent for the Valencia region for long term rentals ? And also said we would be looking for a villa / country house?

Thanks
Julie
As in town or country, price range, can you drive? do you need to be near medical care etc etc
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I have just returned from Javea (this evening) and from a viewing trip for long time rental. One enterprising builder wanted six months rental in advance etc etc. Others a myriad of terms and conditions which went against the advice I was given on this very forum.

We have walked away we will not go back to Spain save for holidays.

Then someone sent me a flyer this am suggesting that we invest in Spain.

Lovely place lovely people wonderful weather cost of living better than France where we have a home or the UK.

I am sorry but enough is enough I am not going to commit to a transaction and where I look someone in the whites of their eyes and know I am likely to be stitched up.

Be careful
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

elfallero is an unknown quantity at this point

I used "Look & Find" Look & Find is the First Spanish Real Estate Network to get me a long term rental of a lovely villa in the outskirts of Valencia city (Campolivar). They are a professional bunch and they all speak English. I did, however, have to pay them an 800€ fee for a property that I rent for 750€ per month.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
I have just returned from Javea (this evening) and from a viewing trip for long time rental. One enterprising builder wanted six months rental in advance etc etc. Others a myriad of terms and conditions which went against the advice I was given on this very forum.

We have walked away we will not go back to Spain save for holidays.

Then someone sent me a flyer this am suggesting that we invest in Spain.

Lovely place lovely people wonderful weather cost of living better than France where we have a home or the UK.

I am sorry but enough is enough I am not going to commit to a transaction and where I look someone in the whites of their eyes and know I am likely to be stitched up.

Be careful
Hi Porth... so sorry it all turned bad for you...

I tried to stay in contact with you but you turned your pc off.... you could have stayed next to me for as long as you want...I did say the landlord is fabulous... no long drawn out contracts... he will give you one if you want... but all he wanted was a month up front and a month rent... all this legal rubbish is there if you want it... but my landlord just wants to rent his property long term...(the longer the better)... with no strings attached... not all Spanish rentals needs to be troublesome....

and before you all jump on my back... yes I know some people have been stitched up, but I have every faith in my landlord.. he has become a good friend.. we even barter his fruit for my eggs.... I have brought all manner of critters and birds and he doesn't mind a bit...

if and when it all goes t**ts up for me you will be the first to know... but for me I have found my little bit of paradise with no hassles whatsoever...all I do is make sure I have the rent money when he calls on the 1st (or when he feels like it) of the month...
Old Sep 17th 2014, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Julie
Where in Valencia are you looking? It's a big place. You say you wish for a villa or country house. How close to a town or village?
If you were looking in the UK you would be much more precise in your requirements and it's no different in Spain. The better the info. you post the better the replies you shall receive.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
Hi Porth... so sorry it all turned bad for you...

I tried to stay in contact with you but you turned your pc off.... you could have stayed next to me for as long as you want...I did say the landlord is fabulous... no long drawn out contracts... he will give you one if you want... but all he wanted was a month up front and a month rent... all this legal rubbish is there if you want it... but my landlord just wants to rent his property long term...(the longer the better)... with no strings attached... not all Spanish rentals needs to be troublesome....

and before you all jump on my back... yes I know some people have been stitched up, but I have every faith in my landlord.. he has become a good friend.. we even barter his fruit for my eggs.... I have brought all manner of critters and birds and he doesn't mind a bit...

if and when it all goes t**ts up for me you will be the first to know... but for me I have found my little bit of paradise with no hassles whatsoever...all I do is make sure I have the rent money when he calls on the 1st (or when he feels like it) of the month...
Hi thanks my pc was not turned off we had wi fi. However history past tense we will not go down that route again.

Best wishes to everyone now closing down our relationship with Spain. Too many imponderables so will no longer be posting on this forum.

take care
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thank you
Julie
You have a PM