Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help with importing my road/track car

Help with importing my road/track car

Old Mar 28th 2024, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

jacob350z is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with importing my road/track car

So im planning to move to spain from the UK next year, i have a deposit for a villa secured already so the car is the biggest hold back right now, i own and daily drive my 2007 nissan 350z 6mt, heavily modified and does not pass english MOT without a friendly 50 note (some airbags not there, bucket seats, no CAT, no horn, no wipers/wiperfluid, and basically every other bolt on mod you can do + brakes/suspension/paint and nismo body parts). i read up on importation laws in spain and my car would definitely not pass any of the road legal tests and wouldnt be able to gain the certificate of the car being up to standard which i *think* has to be issued by nissan to be imported to spain, i originally decided to sell it and buy a different car over in spain, but i would love to know if anyone has any advice regarding importing the nissan 350z as a track car only, like a SORN car in the UK, so i wouldnt use it on roads, i would trailer it from UK to my villa and trailer it from there to tracks/dragstrips/skidpans, whilst daily driving a car i buy over in spain. this way i wouldnt have to pass any tests as it would just be like a SORN car in the UK being used on tracks(as far as i know, which is why im asking lol). any advice on how i can keep the carl when i move to spain, because ive only had her for 2 years and i really dont want to have to get rid of it, weve dumped like 20k into it total now so it would be a waste to sell, it was also my lifelong dream car and i bought it when i was 17 and spent 10s of thousands a year just to be able to drive it for the last 2 years (19years old now).

Old Mar 28th 2024, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with importing my road/track car

Originally Posted by jacob350z
So im planning to move to spain from the UK next year, i have a deposit for a villa secured already so the car is the biggest hold back right now, i own and daily drive my 2007 nissan 350z 6mt, heavily modified and does not pass english MOT without a friendly 50 note (some airbags not there, bucket seats, no CAT, no horn, no wipers/wiperfluid, and basically every other bolt on mod you can do + brakes/suspension/paint and nismo body parts). i read up on importation laws in spain and my car would definitely not pass any of the road legal tests and wouldnt be able to gain the certificate of the car being up to standard which i *think* has to be issued by nissan to be imported to spain, i originally decided to sell it and buy a different car over in spain, but i would love to know if anyone has any advice regarding importing the nissan 350z as a track car only, like a SORN car in the UK, so i wouldnt use it on roads, i would trailer it from UK to my villa and trailer it from there to tracks/dragstrips/skidpans, whilst daily driving a car i buy over in spain. this way i wouldnt have to pass any tests as it would just be like a SORN car in the UK being used on tracks(as far as i know, which is why im asking lol). any advice on how i can keep the carl when i move to spain, because ive only had her for 2 years and i really dont want to have to get rid of it, weve dumped like 20k into it total now so it would be a waste to sell, it was also my lifelong dream car and i bought it when i was 17 and spent 10s of thousands a year just to be able to drive it for the last 2 years (19years old now).
I doubt that you'll be able to re-register your vehicle onto Spanish plates but if your only using it off road why bother?
This link may help with the requirements to bring your car over....https://www.autoaddicts.co.uk/brexit...e-race-europe/

Old Mar 28th 2024, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jacob350z is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i definitely wont be able to register it, but i dont know what requirements are like for taking it to spain permanently as an off road/track/dragstrip car. or if thats even possible
Old Mar 29th 2024, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 24 years and never heard of any offroad/track/dragstrip events in the Costa Blanca area but maybe in other parts of Spain?
Old Mar 29th 2024, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

If it's only ever going to be trailed to wherever and never touch the public road then I agree with BW, why bother because as you've already discovered there is zero chance of getting it registered in Spain.

A word of warning though, don't be tempted to drive it here on UK plates, the cops are hot on the topic (not to mention the car sticking out like a red flag) and have access to DVLA and a SORN flag will see it seized on the spot!