Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help! I need electricity!

Help! I need electricity!

Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: Help! I need electricity!

Originally Posted by campolife
I think that is what my Solicitor means. The build will not be declared "complete" until shortly before we move back.

Think I understand re. cert of first occupation and the docs from a registered electrician. It's the getting cabled up in the first place which is concerning me.

I have emailed the Spanish electrician who did all the work in the building who is registered by the ministry and I have the estate agent who represented the builder trying to get in touch with the builder.

This is really a nightmare. Hope I wake up soon!!
Save yourself some pain, it will cost less than a 100€, get a Gestoria locally, he will be much cheaper and faster than your lawyer, will have all the contacts in place, and will get you a view of requirements and problems in a very short time, then at least you will know if you have a problem and how big the problem is,
Then you can start to worrry or not!!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Great advice Solarwhizz but I haven't got a chance of visiting Spain before we move back in March as my work here is each day until then and then ceases. (funding the move).

My hope is that between the agent, solicitor and builder (if we can find him) this will be resolved. Will get a Gestor if they don't find the solution but by then we will be living with the problems in the house (no option). Ageing by the minute!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Update... Rang the mobile of the builder for the umpteenth time and, what do you know, he answered.

My Spanish is not good but managed to impress on him the urgency and the fact I wasn't happy.

He agreed to talk with my agent and my solicitor on Monday. Not holding my breath though.

Looking at the worst case scenario has anyone got an idea of the lowest costs for a solar installation or has anyone used exclusively a generator and knows the costs of fuel etc as I was just guessing in a previous post.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Just like to say thanks to everyone for the advice regarding my problems with electricity connection. Also thanks to those who took the time to PM me.

Given that I don't hold much hope regarding the builder solving this for me is there anyone in the Castalla area who fancies helping with an alternative energy generation project in a few months time? I would of course reciprocate in any ways I could.

Thanks again everyone
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Just thought I would update everyone.

No joy with the builder. Still needed to know if the supply had been paid for or even ordered so....

Contacted Iberdrola but they could not trace with the land deed references. My nearest neighbour's Iberdrola bill showed her address and contract number but as she turns out to be in a different Partida to me they could not trace anything.

They said they need the "castastro" number whatever that is from the Town Hall. I emailed them over a week ago but got no reply (noticed others say this happened to them when emailing as well)

So I found an online tool for finding Catastral references but this would not accept my Partida or Finca number.

Ahhhhhh...................
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:38 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campolife
Just thought I would update everyone.

No joy with the builder. Still needed to know if the supply had been paid for or even ordered so....

Contacted Iberdrola but they could not trace with the land deed references. My nearest neighbour's Iberdrola bill showed her address and contract number but as she turns out to be in a different Partida to me they could not trace anything.

They said they need the "castastro" number whatever that is from the Town Hall. I emailed them over a week ago but got no reply (noticed others say this happened to them when emailing as well)

So I found an online tool for finding Catastral references but this would not accept my Partida or Finca number.

Ahhhhhh...................
Google earth can help then, load the appropriate add-on (see previous references to it) and then 'navigate' to your plot. You will then be shown your cadastral reference.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Better still use www.goolzoom.com.

When you have found your plot click on the Catastral option.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Wow

Thank you both for the map info.
Problem solved.

Wonder why my Spanish estate agent didn't know this then? It would has saved so much time and trouble.

Any idea why the address is so different from that on the land deed? i.e. different partida name?