Reload this Page >

Help in Barcelona

Help in Barcelona

Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:57 pm
TGN
Just Joined

TGN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help in Barcelona

I am so sorry to bother you but I wondered if you may be able to help. I have a friend, who will shortly be coming on holiday to Barcelona, who has food allergies. She is worried that she will not be able to find food that she knows is 'safe'. I was wondering if anyone who lives in Barcelona can let me know if there are any supermarkets selling 'English' products? And if so, where it is.

I know I may appear cheeky but when travelling I have always found the ex-pat community really helpful, and hope I can help my friend.

Many thanks

TGN
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help in Barcelona

Hello, and welcome to BE

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Barcelona - but might I suggest you tell us what type of allergy/ies your friend has?
That way, people may be able to suggest wording on food labelling that your friend can look out for.

For example, my Dad is a Coeliac and can't eat anything that contains gluten or wheat.
Even in my rural area of Spain, there is quite a lot of food that is labelled "sin gluten" (without gluten) so you may find that this holds true for other allergies.

There are several native Spaniards who use this forum, so you'd be sure of getting a correct translation of any information/wording if you ask.

Hope that helps to get this thread started.
All the very best,
Sam.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:44 pm
TGN
Just Joined

TGN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help in Barcelona

Thank you so much, I will ask her the correct terms and post back.
TGN
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

rwbcn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help in Barcelona - Food Allergies

There is a British store in Casteldellfels - not in Barcelona itself. To be honest, you friend should be fine buying products in health food stores as they should stock whatever she needs for her specific allergies. The largest of these stores (Biospace, Veritas, Vegetalia) are listed here.

http://kidsinbarcelona.com/content/view/71/37/