Reload this Page >

Help & Advice Re: Heating

Help & Advice Re: Heating

Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help & Advice Re: Heating

As winter is approaching .
I am searching for an economical means to heat my Apatment.(not gas)
I thought about Eco Wall Mouted Heat Panels, which are cheap to run and space saving as they are mounted to internal wall.
What worries me is that they are only 650 watts.
Is this enough ? if you had a couple of units installed, would this sufficiently heat a room?
Can anyone give an opinion on these types of Heaters.
Or suggest some other alternatives.
I have Air Con both Hot & Cold output but did n't find it very good.
I have read about Ceiling Fans that blow Hot & Cold Air
can anyone shed any light on this product.
Regards
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help & Advice Re: Heating

I have the slim line heaters I think you mean.

They are great for apartment bedrooms. They are cheap to run and definitely make a difference. If you have small bedrooms they will be fine. As long as you have a quilt.

But for the lounge there is nothing better than the trusty old gas fire. Pain in the butt for carrying the gas bottles. But after a bottle of Rioja and staring/smelling that you won't notice the cold!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help & Advice Re: Heating

Just to add they are not like central heating, I think you know that anyway.
But they take the chill out of the bedroom.

We have H&C Aircon. But prefer the panel heaters!