Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help and advice needed

help and advice needed

Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

gazza16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help and advice needed

i wrote on a previous thread about moving to alicante and i probably didnt put enough info in im 28 and really want to move over to spain ihear that finding bar or restaurant work is very difficult ,i have a source of income from working on the internet which i feel i could support myself for 6 months of the year, ie off season, but if work is so hard to find should i just get this dream out of my head and get on with life here, i know i could get lucky and find a job but if i dont i will hav left my main job at home and then be totally in trouble i thought by going in january i would increase my chances of getting work for the summer by being there early, i hav read a lot of threads and know its not all plain sailing over there but rent is alot cheaper over there than what im paying now and i would have some money so its not as if i would be desperate to find a job immediatley
sry about the rabbiting on and drivvle and this prob makes no sense but if anyone has advice i would appreciate it .thx to the person who respnded to me last time
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:44 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: help and advice needed

Gazza don't wish to be rude but to you not think bars are a location best avoided in your present state of mind.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:49 am
Just Joined

gazza16 is an unknown quantity at this point

thx for the advice u hav been a big help
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

You say the rent in Spain is cheaper, you are right but, your wages will be lower than the UK as well, so in real terms it wont be any cheaper.

I wish you luck in what you decide