Reload this Page >

HELP advice needed

HELP advice needed

Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

debi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP advice needed

Hi all,

My partner and I are hopefully moving to spain with our 3 children, 2 of which have a different father to the 3rd one. Could anybody tell me if we need to get permission from their biological father who hasn,t had anything to do with them for the past 10 years, he,s never played any part in their lives thru his own choice since we divorced. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Debi
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP advice needed

Originally Posted by debi
Hi all,

My partner and I are hopefully moving to spain with our 3 children, 2 of which have a different father to the 3rd one. Could anybody tell me if we need to get permission from their biological father who hasn,t had anything to do with them for the past 10 years, he,s never played any part in their lives thru his own choice since we divorced. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Debi

You need to get advice from a solicitor who deals with family law in the UK to ensure that you do all of the right things or you could end up with problems that no one would expect.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks, Debi
I'm pretty sure you do need something

a friend of mine is divorced & her ex is still in the Uk

from what I gather there are court orders to keep him away from them, but the education authorities wanted a letter from him to say that she hadn't 'kidnapped' her child from the UK

she obviously didn't get/need one, but it took a fair bit of sorting out, getting all the other stuff translated & so on

I'd suggest if you can get some sort of written agreement, then do, or certainly something stating that you have sole, legal custody

oh - and welcome to the forum...& good luck on your 'journey'......we are all a friendly bunch

well most of us anyway
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You need to get advice from a solicitor who deals with family law in the UK to ensure that you do all of the right things or you could end up with problems that no one would expect.

Rosemary
Yes I think Rosemary is right on this, because the father could stop them leaving the country without his permission.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes I think Rosemary is right on this, because the father could stop them leaving the country without his permission.
Thanks for your replies. Would a letter from him be good enough or would we have to get a solicitor involved?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies. Would a letter from him be good enough or would we have to get a solicitor involved?

I think you'd need a solicitor to tie it up properly. Does he contribute to their upkeep?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

a letter might well be enough - but to be on the safe side I'd get something 'legal' too

bureaucracy in spain is a law unto itself & changes from day to day & town to town.......sometimes it seems like an hourly change!!

best to cover all bases if you can
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would strongly advise you to visit a solicitor to ensure the legalities are followed.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think you'd need a solicitor to tie it up properly. Does he contribute to their upkeep?
seems that we're all agreed on something for once
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mitzyboy,

No he,s never paid a penny. He,s remarried with another child apparently, I dont even have an address for him. As i say, he,s wanted nothing to do with them for 10 yrs.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
seems that we're all agreed on something for once
Hoooray.
But its only sense really, he may be ok now but maybe next year or the year after if they win the lottery, change his mind.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mitzyboy,

No he,s never paid a penny. He,s remarried with another child apparently, I dont even have an address for him. As i say, he,s wanted nothing to do with them for 10 yrs.
scuse me for saying so, but what an @ssole!!

How are you going to contact him then?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:31 pm

scuse me for saying so, but what an @ssole!!

How are you going to contact him then?
Solicitor needs to be given their fathers last known address and then it is up to him.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:32 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Solicitor needs to be given their fathers last known address and then it is up to him.

Rosemary
That could be expensive
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

That could be expensive
but worth it in the long run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.