HELP

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

yvonnelaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

We are at the moment selling our house in the UK and hoping to move to Spain (north costa blanca). Just so confused with what we need to do ie: forms we will need and how to get a GP etc. The estate agent we speak to has said that they help with everything but would like to hear from people who have already mad the move how hard/easy it is. My husband has Parkinsons (early stages) can he still get medical care
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

Are you UK pensioners?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
Are you UK pensioners?
Hubby is I took early retirement to look after him and dont reach pension age for another 4 years
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvonnelaura
Hubby is I took early retirement to look after him and dont reach pension age for another 4 years
before you leave the UK you need to get in touch with the DWP in Newcastle & arrange for S1s for you both

since your husband is a pensioner you will both be covered for the state health system with these - you as his dependant
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
before you leave the UK you need to get in touch with the DWP in Newcastle & arrange for S1s for you both

since your husband is a pensioner you will both be covered for the state health system with these - you as his dependant
Thank you for this will get on to it tomorrow
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move, we have found the health service here excellent after OH had a sten fitted last year
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 8:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this will get on to it tomorrow
Make sure that you tell them that you need to be put on the form as a named dependant as they do not automatically put you on.

Rosemary
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

We are at the moment selling our house in the UK and hoping to move to Spain (north costa blanca). Just so confused with what we need to do ie: forms we will need and how to get a GP etc. The estate agent we speak to has said that they help with everything but would like to hear from people who have already mad the move how hard/easy it is. My husband has Parkinsons (early stages) can he still get medical care
Beware of the estate agent who tells you they will "sort it all out for you". The estate agents we dealt with when buying said this and then let us down very badly at every cut and turn. Once they'd made the sale, they couldn't care less. We ended up having to get someone else to help us sort out the maze of paperwork.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Beware of the estate agent who tells you they will "sort it all out for you". The estate agents we dealt with when buying said this and then let us down very badly at every cut and turn. Once they'd made the sale, they couldn't care less. We ended up having to get someone else to help us sort out the maze of paperwork.
That's what worries me, the agent we have been dealing with is Home Espana any info on them?
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

That's what worries me, the agent we have been dealing with is Home Espana any info on them?
I don't know them - but tbh the usual recommendation is that you don't let any estate agent do everything for you

by which I mean you don't use a lawyer recommended by them for the purchase - but by all means let them organise your NIE number (which you need to purchase the property), although this is pretty easy to do yourself on one of your trips here - & if they offer to organise the transfer of utilities for you for free , let them - but a gestor would probably charge you less than any fee the agent would charge

when you actually move here, the paperwork you need to do isn't so very complicated, it's more that you need to do a bit of running around (& you still have to actually do it, even with someone helping ) - but again, if you feel you need help with it, a gestor is the way to go IMO
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Poppy Mae is an unknown quantity at this point

Prescriptions are not free here as in the UK, just recently depending on your income a percentage charge was introduced, if you do a search on here you will find the tread out lining this. Between the 2 of us we have need 6 different tablets but our monthly bill is about 1.20 so not to bad really. Good luck with your move.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Error
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Poppy Mae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biffta
Error
Is that meant for me, if so please feel free to give correct information, as it would be most helpful for the OP to have it.