Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hello from Spain

Hello from Spain

Old Nov 15th 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

mickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the rough
Smile Hello from Spain

I have had a property here in Spain for nearly 30 years, and, have been living here permantly with my wife Carol for 12 years.
We are both over 70 yrs old, and are on the Spanish health system, and
all our taxes, pensions etc are paid here in Spain. We are selling up here,
and are hoping to go to France to live in the near future, and wonder if anyone has done the move from Spain to France. If so, we would be grateful for any information regarding health, taxes etc
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Spain

Originally Posted by mickcarol
I have had a property here in Spain for nearly 30 years, and, have been living here permantly with my wife Carol for 12 years.
We are both over 70 yrs old, and are on the Spanish health system, and
all our taxes, pensions etc are paid here in Spain. We are selling up here,
and are hoping to go to France to live in the near future, and wonder if anyone has done the move from Spain to France. If so, we would be grateful for any information regarding health, taxes etc
Hello & welcome; not sure whether you'll be using France or Spain forums more, but I think there's quite a few of us in Spain would welcome you to pop by & tell us your experiences & why you're upping sticks after so long.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora MickCarol and a welcome from New Zealand.

Lovely to have you here on BE.

Obviously I can't help with France or Spain as we moved to New Zealand but you'll find that British Expats has forums dedicated to both France and Spain.

To access them

click HERE for France

and HERE for Spain.

Lots of helpful people here , so happy postings
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

mickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the roughmickcarol is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora MickCarol and a welcome from New Zealand.

Lovely to have you here on BE.

Obviously I can't help with France or Spain as we moved to New Zealand but you'll find that British Expats has forums dedicated to both France and Spain.

To access them

click HERE for France

and HERE for Spain.

Lots of helpful people here , so happy postings
Thanks for your help. I know about the forums for France and Spain, but I can´t find anything regarding transferring health, tax etc details between the two countries. I am hoping that someone has already done this move. It is nice to see that there are so many helpful people on BE.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
Hello & welcome; not sure whether you'll be using France or Spain forums more, but I think there's quite a few of us in Spain would welcome you to pop by & tell us your experiences & why you're upping sticks after so long.
Hello and thank you for your reply. Don´t get me wrong, I am not leaving Spain because I no longer like it here, For me, there is no place better to live than Spain. Before I came here 30 yrs ago, I lived in Africa for 20 yrs. So, in total I have had 50 yrs living in the sun. Now, I have skin cancer, and already have had a tumour removed from my face, hence, I have to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
I also have prostate cancer, and as most of my wifes family are in the UK,
with one living most of the time in France, it seems sensible to move closer to them in case anything happens to me. The move may not happen for some time yet, as we have to sell our property here first, and we all know that is not easy in the present market.Whereabouts are you living in Spain?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mick and Carol,

I've moved this thread into the Spain forum for you.

Oh and welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy using the site.

Sue
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hello from Spain

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Mick and Carol,

I've moved this thread into the Spain forum for you.

Oh and welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy using the site.

Sue
Thank you Sue. It is nice to be made so welcome.
I only found out about this site a week ago. I wish that I
had heard about it years ago.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and thank you for your reply. Don´t get me wrong, I am not leaving Spain because I no longer like it here, For me, there is no place better to live than Spain. Before I came here 30 yrs ago, I lived in Africa for 20 yrs. So, in total I have had 50 yrs living in the sun. Now, I have skin cancer, and already have had a tumour removed from my face, hence, I have to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
I also have prostate cancer, and as most of my wifes family are in the UK,
with one living most of the time in France, it seems sensible to move closer to them in case anything happens to me. The move may not happen for some time yet, as we have to sell our property here first, and we all know that is not easy in the present market.Whereabouts are you living in Spain?
My sympathies, though you sound stoic about your situation. We're in the mountains N of Malaga so sunny (and at the moment ridiculously warm - Malaga 29 today) but in the winter somewhat nippy to say the least. Ref selling, goodness knows what advice anyone can give with any credibility, but maybe (maybe) older individual properties in a good location sell better - what have you got to shift before you can move?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
My sympathies, though you sound stoic about your situation. We're in the mountains N of Malaga so sunny (and at the moment ridiculously warm - Malaga 29 today) but in the winter somewhat nippy to say the least. Ref selling, goodness knows what advice anyone can give with any credibility, but maybe (maybe) older individual properties in a good location sell better - what have you got to shift before you can move?
We moved to Vera about 5 yrs ago, after living in Javea (Alicante ) for
25 yrs. We have a 3 Bed, 3 Bathroom apartment right on the beach at
Vera Playa. Although it is a lovely apartment, with the market as it is, I am sure it will be some time before the money starts flowing, for people to start buying again.
We were down your way a couple of weeks ago. We spent a week travelling through Antequera and Ronda. I think you get it much colder than us in the winter, as, being on the coast it is much warmer than up in the mountains.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your health problems, and I hope that the move goes well for you.

Cheers
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JLFS
Sorry to hear about your health problems, and I hope that the move goes well for you.

Cheers
Thank you. The doctors here in Spain are brilliant. They have got everything under control at the moment, and I hope to be around for some time yet.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you. The doctors here in Spain are brilliant. They have got everything under control at the moment, and I hope to be around for some time yet.