British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Hello need help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/hello-need-help-486784/)

Spain4me Oct 11th 2007 11:25 pm

Hello need help

Need help if anyone knows ?

How quick can you get a NIE number allocated , have been told can take anything up to 4 months ?

big wheels Oct 12th 2007 12:22 am

Re: Hello need help

Depends where you apply and the time of year:confused:

jdr Oct 12th 2007 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Spain4me (Post 5415353)
Need help if anyone knows ?

How quick can you get a NIE number allocated , have been told can take anything up to 4 months ?

I got mine in one of the busiest areas and it took a month.
I have heard people on here in different areas reckon they got it the same day........

Bri and Katee Oct 12th 2007 6:28 am

Got ours last September in I think Orihuela (we were being driven from place to place so not sure!) From walking in to signing paperwork to walking out it took us 35 minutes!!

sunnydee Oct 12th 2007 11:03 am

Will you be staying more than 3 months? If you are then fill in an EX16 form (from local police station), pay around €6 at a bank, take the receipt and form back to the police station and you will be issued with your NIE number immediately. Don't forget to take your passport and photocopies.

sarahchirles Oct 12th 2007 12:36 pm

Got mine in Benidorm National Police station. Went one week queued for about 30 mins went back the next week and collected it.

It was about 3 years ago... so not sure what the score is now!

onlineamiga Oct 12th 2007 4:58 pm

Had trouble getting mine, but eventually did it at Marbella. Queued from like 7am till 10am. Filled in the form, they told me to come back in 7 days. I made it 10 to be on the safe side. Then just walked in the second time and got my NIE number. Was no problem really.

Spain4me Oct 12th 2007 9:15 pm

Thanks for that everybody, so the 4 months is rubbish i guess.. will plan on 2 months as the worst case..

bchapl Oct 14th 2007 7:37 am

Our estate agent took us to Alicante, where he had a colleague who had been waiting in the queue since 6am - we waited about a hour and the NIEs were delivered to the agent a week later - no problems at all, but maybe we had a good agent!
bchapl

Lionda Oct 14th 2007 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by sarahchirles (Post 5416864)
Got mine in Benidorm National Police station. Went one week queued for about 30 mins went back the next week and collected it.

It was about 3 years ago... so not sure what the score is now!

Hey Sarah - snap! We could have been stood in the same queue :)

Phyllisv5 Oct 18th 2007 9:51 am

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 5416461)
Will you be staying more than 3 months? If you are then fill in an EX16 form (from local police station), pay around €6 at a bank, take the receipt and form back to the police station and you will be issued with your NIE number immediately. Don't forget to take your passport and photocopies.

Hi, just joined but need some help with the EX16, already got our NIE but believe that we need to complete this form to get our Residencia Cert is this right.

:confused:

sunnydee Oct 18th 2007 4:54 pm

Yes, you need a EX16 which isn't the same as the old residencia card but a green certificate with your NIE number, address etc. If you already have a residencia card I don't think you need to apply for an EX16. The EX16 only came in a few months ago and is necessary if you need to work and register for social security.

happybunny Oct 19th 2007 4:18 pm

hi we tried to get our nie numbers,last week and was sent away and had to make appointment for november . dont know whether this the normal thing or not. anyone else had this happen to them

jdr Oct 19th 2007 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by happybunny (Post 5444417)
hi we tried to get our nie numbers,last week and was sent away and had to make appointment for november . dont know whether this the normal thing or not. anyone else had this happen to them

Never heard of appointments before, perhaps they are getting civilised at last.

happybunny Oct 19th 2007 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5444447)
Never heard of appointments before, perhaps they are getting civilised at last.

Thats what i thought, they wouldnt even take the forms. Should we go to the bank and pay fee before hand do you think this would help. As dont want to keep going to police station for nothing