Reload this Page >

Hello looking at moving to Torrevieja

Hello looking at moving to Torrevieja

Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

erical is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello looking at moving to Torrevieja

Good Afternoon

I am retiring next year and looking at relocating to Torrevieja - I am going to be viewing properties in the next few weeks in the Torrevieja area and would be glad of any useful tips as to what is a good location and what pitfalls to avoid

Regards
Old Apr 8th 2016, 3:28 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello looking at moving to Torrevieja

Originally Posted by erical
Good Afternoon

I am retiring next year and looking at relocating to Torrevieja - I am going to be viewing properties in the next few weeks in the Torrevieja area and would be glad of any useful tips as to what is a good location and what pitfalls to avoid

Regards
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
You should post again in the Spain forum where you'll find a lot of folk who can advise you, this is simply a world-wide introduction section and not everyone looks in.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 3:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Good Afternoon

Regards
I would suggest renting before buying, what looks nice in the summer may well be very quiet and most people missing in winter, also what looks nice and quiet in Winter could be very busy and full of noisy children in summer.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good Afternoon

Regards
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I would suggest renting before buying, what looks nice in the summer may well be very quiet and most people missing in winter, also what looks nice and quiet in Winter could be very busy and full of noisy children in summer.
Thank you a friend of mine suggested the same thing - I will look into that
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have moved your thread into the Spain forum for you in order to save you posting again.

Rosemary
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you Rosemary
Old Apr 8th 2016, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are moving to the CB then the OC is the only place to be and the best place in the OC is Cabo baby…
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wilsman77
If you are moving to the CB then the OC is the only place to be and the best place in the OC is Cabo baby…
Thank you for that I will check it out
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a dedicated forum which might be useful torrevieja. co.uk
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rspltd
There is also a dedicated forum which might be useful torrevieja. co.uk
Thank you
Old Apr 9th 2016, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

We retired to Spain in 2012 and have been living in Torrevieja for 2 and a half years. We love the place.

Torrevieja is a very Spanish town and most of its Spanish population (55%) live in the town itself.

The remaining 45% of other nationalities, British, Scandinavians, Dutch, German, French, Russian and others live mainly in the urbanizations outside of the town.

The town regularly comes bottom of the list of rich towns in Spain.

It has 7 blue flag beaches, two theatres, an auditorium, several museums, a philharmonic orchestra, and several choirs.

The town has everything that you need for day to day living. It has an excellent local bus service that is totally free for residents.

There are two salt lakes, one of which still produces salt, that are surrounded by natural parkland. There are walking and cycling trails and lots of birds including flamingos.

There is plenty of housing stock of all types, mainly apartments in the town itself, but in the suburbs there are 1 bedroomed terraced bungalows from around 35,000€, detached 2 bedroomed villas with their own pool for around 160,000€ and bigger villas should your budget stretch to that.

There are lots of restaurants where you can get a good three course meal with bread salad and wine for around 9€ pp. There are also lots very good fine dining restaurants of all types.

Living in the suburbs, and along the seafront, you can get away without speaking much Spanish at all. However when you are dealing with Spanish tradesmen or using Spanish businesses away from the promenade you will need a modicum of Spanish.

There is no railway station in Torrevieja, but it has excellent coach links to other towns and cities, including an hourly service to Alicante Airport.

Alicante and Murcia (San Javier) airports are around 40 minutes drive away.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stevesainty
We retired to Spain in 2012 and have been living in Torrevieja for 2 and a half years. We love the place.

Torrevieja is a very Spanish town and most of its Spanish population (55%) live in the town itself.

The remaining 45% of other nationalities, British, Scandinavians, Dutch, German, French, Russian and others live mainly in the urbanizations outside of the town.

The town regularly comes bottom of the list of rich towns in Spain.

It has 7 blue flag beaches, two theatres, an auditorium, several museums, a philharmonic orchestra, and several choirs.

The town has everything that you need for day to day living. It has an excellent local bus service that is totally free for residents.

There are two salt lakes, one of which still produces salt, that are surrounded by natural parkland. There are walking and cycling trails and lots of birds including flamingos.

There is plenty of housing stock of all types, mainly apartments in the town itself, but in the suburbs there are 1 bedroomed terraced bungalows from around 35,000€, detached 2 bedroomed villas with their own pool for around 160,000€ and bigger villas should your budget stretch to that.

There are lots of restaurants where you can get a good three course meal with bread salad and wine for around 9€ pp. There are also lots very good fine dining restaurants of all types.

Living in the suburbs, and along the seafront, you can get away without speaking much Spanish at all. However when you are dealing with Spanish tradesmen or using Spanish businesses away from the promenade you will need a modicum of Spanish.

There is no railway station in Torrevieja, but it has excellent coach links to other towns and cities, including an hourly service to Alicante Airport.

Alicante and Murcia (San Javier) airports are around 40 minutes drive away.
Thank so much for the information it is very helpful
Old Apr 10th 2016, 12:58 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Torrevieja is a lively town convenient for Alicante and Murcia airports, with good amenities and well serviced by public transport. Some areas are not so nice, so be careful. As many others have said, "rent before you buy" is sound advice.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
Torrevieja is a lively town convenient for Alicante and Murcia airports, with good amenities and well serviced by public transport. Some areas are not so nice, so be careful. As many others have said, "rent before you buy" is sound advice.
Thank you