Hello

Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Pringle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,

My wife and I currently live on a chilly coast of the UK. We came out to the Costa Del Sol a few weeks ago to look for a property to permanently move to. The area didn't really suit us, so we are looking to come to the Costa Blanca in either August or October to look again.

9th June, 20 mph winds, cloudy, showers forecast, boy I am looking forward to getting back over there!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 11:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Hi Welcome

Its full sun here today on the Costa Blanca ! sorry

Mind you I popped back to the UK last Thursday to Saturday and the weather was quite nice

We have been here just inland of Alicante city for 12 years now , have you visited the area before ?

Cheers Tony
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the welcome.

We had a place for about 3 years near La Finca golf course, but sold up about 11 years ago. We had spent a few breaks around Torrevieja before purchasing there.

Thinking of Benidorm outskirts now, Torrevieja again or possibly your neck of the woods.

Greg
Old Jun 10th 2015, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Pringle
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the welcome.

We had a place for about 3 years near La Finca golf course, but sold up about 11 years ago. We had spent a few breaks around Torrevieja before purchasing there.

Thinking of Benidorm outskirts now, Torrevieja again or possibly your neck of the woods.

Greg
Hi Greg
I find our area quite good in respect that is very central on the Costa Blanca , so visiting areas like you mentioned north and south quite easy.

Also the proximity of the airport and Alicante city are close.

Would you be more interested in semi rural of urbanisation living ?

Cheers Tony
Old Jun 11th 2015, 7:33 am
Just Joined

I could live on a Finca or a semi rural urbanisation. My wife however prefers somewhere with a decent sized local community and preferably shops close by. Neither of us want an urbanisation where they have over developed and maximised every last inch and built houses on top of each other.

Cheers

Greg
Old Jun 11th 2015, 8:35 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Hi Greg, we live right on the edge of the village of Onil. Love it here, close enough to walk into town but not to close for all the noise at fiesta time & they have a lot of them.
Castalla is near by, lots of houses in the campo not far from town. Good mix of housing if you don't mind the cooler winters.
Suzi
Old Jun 11th 2015, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Hi Suzi,
LOL It sounded idyllic until the last sentence. We are moving to Spain largely to avoid the cooler/colder winters. Is Onil that much colder than Alicante and Benidorm?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi Greg

I have a place in Onil ( but dont live there ) so know it quite well as Suzi said it is a nice town , but yes it is quit a bit colder in the Winter due to the altitude .

There are some areas that might suit you , just outside of Alicante , on older Spanish urbanisations ( not like the ones in Torrevieja ) although shops are generally a short drive away , plot sizes are large normally 1000 to 3000m

I know where there are some houses for sale it that area from Spanish agents , if you are interested send me a private message and I will send the details

Cheers Tony
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pringle
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the welcome.

Greg
No offence, but why do so many British want to be near Benidorm when you have the whole coast? You wrote "Neither of us want an urbanisation where they have over developed and maximised every last inch and built houses on top of each other". Without offending anybody, wouldn't Benidorm be the last choice
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:46 am
Just Joined

No offence taken Moses.

Personally I would love to live on a Finca with around 2000sm of fruit trees and keep bees. That would definitely be my preferred option, however my wife would hate it.

She is a Jehovahs Witness and a friend who lived in Spain for 10 years praised the Benidorm congregation. I understand many of that congregation live in urbanisations on the outskirts of Benidorm, not in the congested centre. As she will need to travel to a Kingdom Hall in Benidorm 5 times a week, it makes her life easier to live somewhere with easy access. It also gives her an outlet to shop.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:58 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Finestrat and Polop are nice villages, close to Benidorm but not overly congested.